Rogan can't even keep his own BS straight anymore about Rousey/Cyborg.

EGarrett

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/1...sey-joe-rogan-cris-cyborg-dana-white-mma-news

"What if Ronda loses and then Cyborg tests positive?"

Rogan buys into the notion Rousey is held to different standards, not that's he's comfortable with it, himself.

"This is the sexist in me," said Rogan. "I have more of an issue with it, for some reason, with women. I'm not comfortable with it. What I'm saying is I'm not even comfortable with my opinions on it. Why do I have a different opinion if it's women and the woman was on something? I don't know why."

As for where the fight happens at all, Rogan doesn't understand the pressure for Rousey to punch above her weight."

10pow7l.jpg

I don't get it. Both are true...

Btw...What happens if you hit the left button?

He then realizes that he's standing in front of the UFC Hype Machine and walks out without pressing neither.

I can't even tell you how many "once in a lifetime athletes" there have been so far.

GSP, Anderson, Ronda and BJ are just a few once in a lifetimers.

Rousey is the biggest hype train since Anderson Silva. Both were rulers of depleted divisions, with a legit challenger once every 3-5 fights, and when Rousey eventually falls, the hype bubble will burst, and everyone will be like, "oh, I knew she was overrated all along."

And most of all, Rogan's going to look like the biggest dummy of all with all of this "once in a lifetime" nonsense. You would think that a guy who's been in MMA for as long as he has, and who claims to have been "a fighter," would've been smart enough to not get caught up in the UFC marketing machine (which, to no surprise, he's a big contributor to himself).

For anyone who has followed MMA long enough, you'll remember that Gina Carano got the EXACT same hype when she was becoming Strikeforce's biggest star. The difference was, Strikeforce didn't have the same marketing machine that the UFC does. Cyborg stopped that train, Carano retired, and is now remembered as a footnote in WMMA. The same will probably ring true for Rousey once the female super athletes currently hidden in a gym somewhere start showing up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found it funny when he said that Ronda shouldn't have to fight at 140.

Then 2 minutes later he says Tate should fight Cyborg at 140.

What happens if you hit the left button?
She's capable of fighting Cyborg at 5 pounds over her normal weight. Especially when non-"once in a lifetimers" like BJ Penn could move up 15 pounds to beat Matt Hughes.

Let's not distort what he was saying by selective copy/pasting.

"This idea that Ronda has to move up? She doesn't," said Rogan. "Why does she have to do anything? She's the champ. This is not a matter of [Cyborg] not being able to [make 135 pounds], it's a matter of her not taking any of the steps to attempt to do it. If you really want to do it you hire Mike Dolce and you put up a video of you making that weight. 'Hey I'm weighing in. 135. See, I can do it. Ronda, let's do this bitch. I want my title.'

What's the bullshit exactly? Yeah, he's a bit overhyped but who cares. That's just Rogan being Rogan.

She's capable of fighting Cyborg at 5 pounds over her normal weight. Especially when non-"once in a lifetimers" like BJ Penn could move up 15 pounds to beat Matt Hughes.

Who cares what she is capable of? She is the champ. Cyborg is capable of getting down to 135, especially if we use your BJ example. Why not give the smaller fighter the benefit of the doubt. BJ got his head smashed in multiple times fighting bigger fighters at heavier weight classes, Ronda is smarter than that.

Let's not distort what he was saying by selective copy/pasting.

"This idea that Ronda has to move up? She doesn't," said Rogan. "Why does she have to do anything? She's the champ. This is not a matter of [Cyborg] not being able to [make 135 pounds], it's a matter of her not taking any of the steps to attempt to do it. If you really want to do it you hire Mike Dolce and you put up a video of you making that weight. 'Hey I'm weighing in. 135. See, I can do it. Ronda, let's do this bitch. I want my title.'

Frankie Edgar didn't make the featherweight limit prior to his title fight with Aldo iirc.

Who cares what she is capable of? She is the champ.
The people who are claiming she is a once-in-a-lifetime athlete care. Or they should, if they are honest. Right?

Frankie Edgar didn't make the featherweight limit prior to his title fight with Aldo iirc.

Has Frankie Edgar been caught abusing anabolic steroids?

You sure love that comparison. Too bad it makes no sense.

Who cares what she is capable of? She is the champ. Cyborg is capable of getting down to 135, especially if we use your BJ example. Why not give the smaller fighter the benefit of the doubt. BJ got his head smashed in multiple times fighting bigger fighters at heavier weight classes, Ronda is smarter than that.
For a mass majority of superfights that have happened in boxing and MMA, the lower weight fighter moves up to fight the heavier fighter. Very seldom does the heavier fighter move down (Pettis was about to be the exception to the rule if that Aldo fight happened).

All those years that they were talking about St-Pierre vs. Silva, it was always expected that St-Pierre would move up to either fight at a catchweight somewhere, or at 185 to contend for Silva's title. It was never really considered that Silva would move down to 170 to contend for St-Pierre's title.

Rousey either doesn't want the fight, or doesn't want the fight right now. The steroid stuff is just a smokescreen to make Cyborg look bad, on the off-chance that Cyborg does end up making drastic changes to her body/camp to make 135, and comes into the fight depleted and ill-prepared to give Rousey the advantage. With the recent improvements to the drug testing policy, Cyborg would probably get popped leading into the fight if Rousey's drug concerns are legitimate.

Rousey's the best female 135'er in the world, and Cyborg is the best female 145'er in the world. If Rousey truly believed she was better than Cyborg, the compromise is there: meeting in the middle at 140. Rousey simply doesn't want it.

Has Frankie Edgar been caught abusing anabolic steroids?

You sure love that comparison. Too bad it makes no sense.

This is what is referred to as a moving the goal posts on your part. So the issue is no longer that she hasn't made the weight it's now that she previously cheated? I love that comparison because the rabid Ronda defenders have no counter argument to it.

Rousey is the biggest hype train since Anderson Silva. Both were rulers of depleted divisions, with a legit challenger once every 3-5 fights, and when Rousey eventually falls, the hype bubble will burst, and everyone will be like, "oh, I knew she was overrated all along."

And most of all, Rogan's going to look like the biggest dummy of all with all of this "once in a lifetime" nonsense. You would think that a guy who's been in MMA for as long as he has, and who claims to have been "a fighter," would've been smart enough to not get caught up in the UFC marketing machine (which, to no surprise, he's a big contributor to himself).

For anyone who has followed MMA long enough, you'll remember that Gina Carano got the EXACT same hype when she was becoming Strikeforce's biggest star. The difference was, Strikeforce didn't have the same marketing machine that the UFC does. Cyborg stopped that train, Carano retired, and is now remembered as a footnote in WMMA. The same will probably ring true for Rousey once the female super athletes currently hidden in a gym somewhere start showing up.

Carano??? If you can't see the difference between RRR and Gina Carano you haven't got a clue what you're watching.
And that's before we get to the AS bullshit.

rogan is in love. longer it takes to happen, better for cyborg. she can cut weight and practice grappling defence. Ronda will not grow taller , stronger neither catch up with a decade o striking experience. If they wanted to make simpler for Ronda they should put more money to convince cyborg to accept ASAP

This is what is referred to as a moving the goal posts on your part. So the issue is no longer that she hasn't made the weight it's now that she previously cheated? I love that comparison because the rabid Ronda defenders have no counter argument to it.

1) she has a history of failing to make weight
2) she has a history of abusing anabolic steroids
3) she's asking for a fight at a weightclass that doesn't exist.

Any questions?

Most truth I've maybe ever seen in one paragraph on Sherdog.....DANG, son!

All this hype, media & trash talk of cyborg vs Ronda is comical. This is what will happen: Ronda submits Cyborg in the first round. Everyone complaining Cyborg gave up too easy- UFC, Ronda & Cyborg makes squillions. Everyone goes back to work on Monday. Life goes on.

Back