Rogan: Anderson was winning the first Chris Weidman fight

Almost every quotable thing that Joe Rogan says about MMA, controversial, or academic subjects is weird.

And for the love of God, his analogies... somebody make him stop with unworkable analogies.

I cant believe you guys are surprised...

He is an employee of the UFC who recently got a big raise,hes not just some random fight fan.

Rogan says alot of shit the UFC doesnt want him to say. Most of it either bias or truth. If he really think Silva was winning before he started clowning and got KTFO, then i lost all respect for him as a legitimate commentator.

Hey Rogan go check up on Shane Howell, is he still OUT COLD ?

I can't stand Rogan.

Rogan was spot on. The chris looked done. silva was in matrix move. Put yor nationality aside and acknowledge it.

Didnt watch but im sure hes talking about what was shaping out to be before Chris caught him.

To be honest I think Silva was on his way to winning that first fight until the knock out happened. Theend of the 1st round Weidman looked like he was beat and starting to gas. He was definitely looking better in the 2nd fight, kust a shame Silvas leg snapped in 2nd fight.

I too thought he was winning the FIRST fight until the KO

the 2nd fight weidman dominated the whole time though
He wasn't winning but that fight looked like a typical Anderson fight, and felt like Anderson would get the TKO shortly.
Anderson landed maybe 1 punch in the entire first fight.
A typical Anderson fight consists of Silva landing at will. Not wiffing at air.

All in all, the only thing to say about Rogan's striking analysis is:
"Nice leg kick by Irvin".

Apparently if you're Anderson Silva you get points for just showing up and being conscious inside the cage. No idea what Rogan and that 1 judge were smoking.

Rogan has become an idiot. He also said shit like " I really wish we got to see Anderson while he was in his prime. " And " Anderson lost because he was playing around. "

Rogan is nearly as bad as all the stupid Anderson nuthuggers on Sherdog.

I think it's pretty obvious UFC wants to do Silva Weidman 3 after Diaz and Rogan is just another way for them to promote it. One of the best ways actually. The guys podcast pulls high numbers and he has a lot of people who listen to and respect what he says.

Really anything he says about fighters, fights or UFC should be taken with the same level of seriousness as something that would have been said by Dana.

Still a big fan of the guy

What are you talking about

The Chris was definitely ahead

Rogan has become an idiot. He also said shit like " I really wish we got to see Anderson while he was in his prime. " And " Anderson lost because he was playing around. "

Rogan is nearly as bad as all the stupid Anderson nuthuggers on Sherdog.

yah thats why he is a commentator for the biggest mma organization in the world and your just a low life that has never trained or fought ever.

u dont know how to judge a fight bro, you didnt know 90 percent of sherdoggers are under age or alcoholics that dont know the first thing about combat sports besides what they see on saturday night lol

Were you perhaps sharing some pharmaceuticals with Rogan that night as anyone with his senses in tact and with even a modicum of fight analysis skill had no way to put Anderson actually ahead. I mean fine if you were thinking he could come back or take over, but to that point he was whiffing air punches and could put nothing together.

yah thats why he is a commentator for the biggest mma organization in the world and your just a low life that has never trained or fought ever.

u dont know how to judge a fight bro, you didnt know 90 percent of sherdoggers are under age or alcoholics that dont know the first thing about combat sports besides what they see on saturday night lol

Just curious: Which category do you fall in?

I suppose you are one of the "genuine" 10%, right?

I tried to give Joe benefit of doubt.. Maybe so little happened in the first round that if you were forced to pick, you would pick Silva due to.. I dunno, leg kicks and Weidman missing punches.

But I googled "UFC 162 play by play" and the four sites I checked all had Weidman winning the first.

wut? Weidman took him down, landed huge GnP, had a really good submission attempt, and easily won the stand up landing several good combo's.

Silva landed like 3 leg kicks and that's it.

The first round wasn't even remotely close.

I can almost hear him cringe as he says some of the stuff leading up to fights.

But what is he supposed to say. He works for the company that put on the fights... he CAN'T be objective.

He is a company man, he has to say what the company ask him to. While commentating the fights he has certain license, but really.. If you listen to Rogan hype a fight .. you should expect abject incoherence.

If Ken Shamrock was fighting Jon Jones

Shamrock would be
A monster submission artist
An underrated striker with great defense
A true pioneer of the sport that shaped the way people fight today
and would "probably have to avoid leg kicks"

It's painful sometimes, and listening to his podcasts, he's not a dumb guy... it must be a little soul destroying

Yep, I thought he was as well. Though, the second fight Weidman dominated.

Back