Opinion Rogan and Tim Kennedy blame "defund the police" activists for Uvalde

They had a discussion about defunding the police, then Tim says that Uvalde was a result of poor training and education.

Just like in many of these outrageous clips, listening provides a little more nuance. This one was so outrageous to me that they would think a small Texas town would fall to defund police crap, but really all he said was a lack of proper training. That they were funded well apparently is proof that "mo money fo dem programz" =/= good training.

If this was clipped to the last 30 seconds, it wouldn't be as popular as it is right now.
Its still wrong though because the Uvalde school district police had an active school shooter training just two months before the actual school shooting and the commander had completed an eight hour online course just six months before and yet they still went against their training. How much training do these guys need? Do they need to do active school shooter training every month? Every two weeks?

Reality is that the cops we have posted at schools are maybe a rung above your average mall cop. If you have a bunch of brave and industrious officers you're not going to waste their talent having them sit on their ass at an elementary school so they can deal with 10 yr olds having temper tantrums because there's a 1 in a million chance a school shooting will happen. That's why these cops, armed to the teeth and trained in active shooter doctrine, failed miserably; if they were actually good cops they wouldn't be SROs. And why the ones who actually did the shooter in were BORTAC, because those guys are Fed boys trained for firefights and are expected to be thrown into them. They've probably never had an active school shooter training exercise but that doesn't matter, they're guys who are mentally prepared to engage in firefights as part of their job unlike your average SRO who at best is prepared to wrestle some handcuffs on a teenager half his size.

Blame the teacher for leaving the door open.
How do you see what's going on and leave the door open?

They also had a active shooter drill just weeks before. Did she miss the training? They even had people play like they got shot.
That's been debunked, the teacher closed the door but it didn't lock for some reason.

This is why misinfo and lying from the cops is so dangerous, they create these narratives to cover their asses and they persist after they've been undermined

That's been debunked, the teacher closed the door but it didn't lock for some reason.

This is why misinfo and lying from the cops is so dangerous, they create these narratives to cover their asses and they persist after they've been undermined
The same could be said for 99% that was said when the topic was first started.

The same could be said for 99% that was said in the topic was first started.
Well yes I know, the Uvalde police has done a lot of lying and obscuring of what happened to cover their massive failure. Did you see that they've lawyered up and stopped cooperating with the investigation? I'd bet money that they killed at least one of the students on accident and are covering it up.

Well yes I know, the Uvalde police has done a lot of lying and obscuring of what happened to cover their massive failure. Did you see that they've lawyered up and stopped cooperating with the investigation? I'd bet money that they killed at least one of the students on accident and are covering it up.
Something isn't right about a lot of this. Nothing at this point would shock me.

You get told that you are spreading nonsense and you respond with a sentence that makes zero sense? You are on fire today.
Are you that dense? So if we bump the first posted topic how much of the info was correct?
Stay mad.

My favorite is when they blocked Build Back Better from passing, and now blame Build Back Better for current economic woes. An entire party of schizos.
This failed everywhere? They pushed it in multiple countries but we constantly hear excuses that other countries are doing bad too when trying to deflect blame from biden.

“We’ve been emasculating law enforcement for awhile” — Tim Kennedy.

His solution is to fortify schools and pump more money into swat teams. I understand a police officer having apathy given our current climate, but if you’ve truly been ‘emasculated’ by the relatively recent movement of defund the police, then you shouldn’t be an officer anyway.

The notion that lefties on Twitter dissuaded those guys from going into a school to stop a maniac from murdering small children is asinine.

Literally nobody was going to criticize usage of force in that situation.

Also, this has happened multiple times in the past, EG Stoneman Douglas and Columbine.

The notion that lefties on Twitter dissuaded those guys from going into a school to stop a maniac from murdering small children is asinine.

Literally nobody was going to criticize usage of force in that situation.

Also, this has happened multiple times in the past, EG Stoneman Douglas and Columbine.
Its nonsense but Tim Kennedy is in habit of saying nonsense crap as long as it plays well with the right wing, Punisher crowd.

I think that is a factor. I also think many PDs have become fat and lazy. Much like the MIC and instead of working more efficiency, they always want more money thrown at issues.
I’d say there are a few good factors at play here and it’s easy to just pick one and ignore the rest

Its still wrong though because the Uvalde school district police had an active school shooter training just two months before the actual school shooting and the commander had completed an eight hour online course just six months before and yet they still went against their training. How much training do these guys need? Do they need to do active school shooter training every month? Every two weeks?

Reality is that the cops we have posted at schools are maybe a rung above your average mall cop. If you have a bunch of brave and industrious officers you're not going to waste their talent having them sit on their ass at an elementary school so they can deal with 10 yr olds having temper tantrums because there's a 1 in a million chance a school shooting will happen. That's why these cops, armed to the teeth and trained in active shooter doctrine, failed miserably; if they were actually good cops they wouldn't be SROs. And why the ones who actually did the shooter in were BORTAC, because those guys are Fed boys trained for firefights and are expected to be thrown into them. They've probably never had an active school shooter training exercise but that doesn't matter, they're guys who are mentally prepared to engage in firefights as part of their job unlike your average SRO who at best is prepared to wrestle some handcuffs on a teenager half his size.

A lot of cops only feel comfortable engaging if they have superior firepower and tactics on their side. If the scumbag had a baseball bat or knife I bet you they would of gone and gunned him down even if they never killed anyone before.

It takes more balls to go into the unknown or fight against an equal match or better

You get told that you are spreading nonsense and you respond with a sentence that makes zero sense? You are on fire today.

The title of this thread is spreading nonsense.

It's ok to spread certain types of falsehoods in this forum.

Point out the timestamp where they blame defund the police on Uvalde?

He said it was a great example of poor training. You of all people should not be this disingenuous. You're smart enough to get what hes saying here. Or maybe not.
He mentions defund the police within 30 seconds and says that the atmosphere of Defund the Police is why we're where we're at.

But its nonsense, the Uvalde police command 40% of the city's budget and they had an active shooter training just two months before the shooting itself.

Back