Opinion Rogan and Tim Kennedy blame "defund the police" activists for Uvalde

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

LOL at these idiots thinking the "defund" movement actually caught on in Texas.

Uvalde PD had 40% of the city's general fund, got millions of dollars from state and federal grants, which purchased brand new body armor for every cop in the department a few of years ago, and the majority of the cops outside the school were actually state troopers whom Greg Abbott had deployed in a DPS tactical unit to the area as part of his border grandstanding.

Uvalde was a demonstration of what a massive waste of money giving military equipment to local cops is.

As for their "emasculation," cops are still protected by qualified immunity, and the Supreme Court just handed down another decision making it more difficult to sue them for incompetence or misconduct. There is no disincentive whatsoever for cops using whatever force they want to.

Chicago PD just got caught shooting an unarmed kid who had his hands up in the back, and the officers involved will likely get away with it.

If anything is to blame for incidents like Uvalde and Parkland, where cops refuse to takedown active shooters, it's the SCOTUS decision that held that they have no duty to protect the general public.

Rogan is one of the dumbest fucks who's ever had a major platform. This guy literally knows nothing about anything and just agrees with whoever is sat in front of him.

Last edited:
“We’ve been emasculating law enforcement for awhile” — Tim Kennedy.

His solution is to fortify schools and pump more money into swat teams. I understand a police officer having apathy given our current climate, but if you’ve truly been ‘emasculated’ by the relatively recent movement of defund the police, then you shouldn’t be an officer anyway.

It’s pretty standard for conservatives to say to blame something that hasn’t even been passed. I’m not for defunding the police but yeah it pretty clearly wasn’t not the issue here. Just a stupid way to try and deflect from gun control discussions

They had a discussion about defunding the police, then Tim says that Uvalde was a result of poor training and education.

Just like in many of these outrageous clips, listening provides a little more nuance. This one was so outrageous to me that they would think a small Texas town would fall to defund police crap, but really all he said was a lack of proper training. That they were funded well apparently is proof that "mo money fo dem programz" =/= good training.

If this was clipped to the last 30 seconds, it wouldn't be as popular as it is right now.

Pity. This will distract from the substantial death and damage that "defund the police" is responsible for, and allow the scum who pushed it to remain in positions of influence for longer.

I love and hate Rogan he's cool with other comedians and with scientists but almost anything political and he's a fucking moron
To me the biggest issue seems to be that the podcast is repetitive and speaking truisms such as defunding the police is bad (even the democrats who were sympathetic have back tracked on this) rather than what was said here.

Nothing enlightening, just common sense that you could hear at a bus stop or in line at the grocery store.

From what I watched it appears they are blaming it on a lack of good training, then went on about how "defund the police" isn't helping that situation. They didn't directly connect Uvalde incident to defund the police in this video.

They had a discussion about defunding the police, then Tim says that Uvalde was a result of poor training and education.

Just like in many of these outrageous clips, listening provides a little more nuance. This one was so outrageous to me that they would think a small Texas town would fall to defund police crap, but really all he said was a lack of proper training. That they were funded well apparently is proof that "mo money fo dem programz" =/= good training.

If this was clipped to the last 30 seconds, it wouldn't be as popular as it is right now.

the Ulavde PD had created this response team, gotten it very well funded, and had been at that very school earlier this year to walk through and prepare for this exact scenario.

There’s a point where we have to accept no matter the budget or training, in the moment police are hesitant to engage in a firefight. They much prefer to assess and try to gain a lot of control of the situation before they go in.

Lol 40% of that small town’s budget went to the police. They had their own swat team for a town of 16,000 people

They had plenty of funding. Not a testicle to be found tho
They seem to be blaming police criticism as a reason for the shooting

TS your an idiot if you think hes talking about some kind of policy Texas out in place. The national scrutiny and hate thrown at cops in 2020 have them acting really really passive. They don’t want to engage and have things go sideways and lose their life, Job or go to jail. It’s not direct correlation with this shooting the the fact the cops didn’t act is a tell sign. Also a lot of police retired in record numbers or change careers so who gets recruited ? Worse candidates. Private schools are fortified , he’s wondering what could be done. Rogan had a pro 2nd amendment lawyer one a few weeks ago he said similar things.

Blame the teacher for leaving the door open.
How do you see what's going on and leave the door open?
They also had a active shooter drill just weeks before. Did she miss the training? They even had people play like they got shot.

Blame the teacher for leaving the door open.
How do you see what's going on and leave the door open?
They also had a active shooter drill just weeks before. Did she miss the training? They even had people play like they got shot.
From what I heard she was just about to lock it and the shooter beat her to it. One thing that should very well happen these POS shooters just not be gloried like the media does it’s not on purpose but they show photos, publish manifestos they get there 15 mins of fame. Hell I don’t even think they should give the name of the shooters … everyone remembers the shooters names but not the victim
Names …

It’s pretty standard for conservatives to say to blame something that hasn’t even been passed. I’m not for defunding the police but yeah it pretty clearly wasn’t not the issue here. Just a stupid way to try and deflect from gun control discussions
According to the rogan reddit. Tim also blamed video games. Lol.

My favorite is when they blocked Build Back Better from passing, and now blame Build Back Better for current economic woes. An entire party of schizos.
That’s actually exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote that

Back