Opinion Rogan and Tim Kennedy blame "defund the police" activists for Uvalde

TS your an idiot if you think hes talking about some kind of policy Texas out in place. The national scrutiny and hate thrown at cops in 2020 have them acting really really passive. They don’t want to engage and have things go sideways and lose their life, Job or go to jail. It’s not direct correlation with this shooting the the fact the cops didn’t act is a tell sign. Also a lot of police retired in record numbers or change careers so who gets recruited ? Worse candidates. Private schools are fortified , he’s wondering what could be done. Rogan had a pro 2nd amendment lawyer one a few weeks ago he said similar things.

you're*

They are correct. 40% of the budget is way too low. They should get close to 100% of the city’s budgets instead. Uvalde only has itself to blame. Maybe they’ll learn from this.

In THAT PD department? Sure.

What happened in that PD is happening in almost every PD.

Barely high school educated losers basically extorting no crime suburbs they grew up in for millions and millions of dollars every year using the boogeyman of crime that occurs hundreds of miles away. Money that in most cases would be better spent on literally anything else for the town.

It is responsible for no death or damage you inbred fucktard. It hasn't been implemented anywhere.

The funny thing is, I can literally go by memory and come up with a few examples of it happening.

"Last summer, the Minneapolis City Council took several steps toward defunding the city’s police department, including approving an amendment to remove $1 million from the police department and divert it toward the health department to hire “violence interrupters” - essentially social-workers with the mission of deescalating violent situations.

In December, the council then voted to reallocate about $8 million from the police budget to other city services. At the time, Jeremiah Ellison, a Minneapolis city councilman who had favored more aggressive efforts to defund the police, told the New York Times it was an “incredible investment.”
"

Minneapolis backtracks on defunding the Police - Washington Times

Needless to say, this is taken from an article talking about how they're backing the fuck away from it because it blew up in their face and led to a massive spike in crime.

Don't forget Seattle.

"Last week the City Council voted 8-1 for a 2022 city budget that cuts police funding by more than $7 million. That slash comes after the City Council cut the 2021 police budget by nearly $35.6 million, or 9%, from 2019."

Seattle Defunds the Police Again - WSJ

I don't know what talking head is feeding you the bullshit notion that politicians didn't start immediately draining funds from police departments, largely to disastrous results, but you need to take your head out of their ass and look into stuff yourself like an adult.

LOL at these idiots thinking the "defund" movement actually caught on in Texas.

Uvalde PD had 40% of the city's general fund, got millions of dollars from state and federal grants, which purchased brand new body armor for every cop in the department a few of years ago, and the majority of the cops outside the school were actually state troopers whom Greg Abbott had deployed in a DPS tactical unit to the area as part of his border grandstanding.

Uvalde was a demonstration of what a massive waste of money giving military equipment to local cops is.

As for their "emasculation," cops are still protected by qualified immunity, and the Supreme Court just handed down another decision making it more difficult to sue them for incompetence or misconduct. There is no disincentive whatsoever for cops using whatever force they want to.

Chicago PD just got caught shooting an unarmed kid who had his hands up in the back, and the officers involved will likely get away with it.

If anything is to blame for incidents like Uvalde and Parkland, where cops refuse to takedown active shooters, it's the SCOTUS decision that held that they have no duty to protect the general public.

Rogan is one of the dumbest fucks who's ever had a major platform. This guy literally knows nothing about anything and just agrees with whoever is sat in front of him.

Maybe is Rogan had 24k posts on sherdog he'd be as smart as you Jeff Bezos!

I listened to the whole podcast way to misinformation it all TS. It’s cool to know some of the things Tim helps others with , training , 12000 afghans withdraw ect. It was a good podcast.

The OP is just another case of a demoralized liberal manipulating what somebody said to align with their beliefs and then trying to regurgitate it as fact.

"Defend the police" and "the Fergusson effect" have cops apprehensive to stop mass murder of children, but some reason, it doesn't stop them from kicking down doors and beating the shit out of an unarmed guy over a moving violation.

“We’ve been emasculating law enforcement for awhile” — Tim Kennedy.

His solution is to fortify schools and pump more money into swat teams. I understand a police officer having apathy given our current climate, but if you’ve truly been ‘emasculated’ by the relatively recent movement of defund the police, then you shouldn’t be an officer anyway.

I hate this take.

"You shouldn't be..." insert whatever here based on whatever stupid ass opinion you have, even if I agree with it (in your case I do).

I saw some bitch on tiktok saying you shouldn't be a nurse if you mock patients telling you their pain is a "20 out of 10" when they have some bullshit leg pain or whatever. Believe it or not a spectrum of reactions are acceptable within a profession without needing to leave the profession.

We need to bolster SWAT teams up BIG time and have cops strictly as people who are first responders and get a secured peremeter up while feeding information to the responding SWAT team.

Um, no. Cops have guns and should be trained to go in and stop an active shooter ASAP. Not stand idly by and let people get murdered. What the fuck is wrong with you?

He mentions defund the police within 30 seconds and says that the atmosphere of Defund the Police is why we're where we're at.

But its nonsense, the Uvalde police command 40% of the city's budget and they had an active shooter training just two months before the shooting itself.

I don't think it was a factor in this situation, but, I see the overall theme of how anti-police sentiment would lead to apathetic police response.

"Defend the police" and "the Fergusson effect" have cops apprehensive to stop mass murder of children, but some reason, it doesn't stop them from kicking down doors and beating the shit out of an unarmed guy over a moving violation.

Did the guy blow through the stop sign or simply come to a creeping roll and clearly see no one was approaching the intersection? Because, I got to say I came to a slow roll leaving my cul-de-sac this morning. I hope I don't get tased later today.

Also, the article had some gaps as well:

What does "neck area" mean? It reads like the lawyer wants the public to think his client's neck was stepped on, but wasn't.

Also, what does "around eight stitches" mean? Why not give us an exact number?

As usual, these news stories leaves us with more questions than answers.

it’s a shame joe rogan is just as much of a retard as he kept telling us he was all these years.

Um, no. Cops have guns and should be trained to go in and stop an active shooter ASAP. Not stand idly by and let people get murdered. What the fuck is wrong with you?

I don't think it was a factor in this situation, but, I see the overall theme of how anti-police sentiment would lead to apathetic police response.

They obviously lack the training and hiring criteria to get cops to do what is needed. I think you completely missed my point dude.

They obviously lack the training and hiring criteria to get cops to do what is needed. I think you completely missed my point dude.

I've recruited people based on "hiring criteria" or been responsible for the training of other individuals. This was not a training issue. This was not a "hiring criteria" issue. This was bad decision making from the top down.

They need to had big sledge/axes for the doors. School district I’m in has them to break the doors if they are locked or forced closed.

The funny thing is, I can literally go by memory and come up with a few examples of it happening.

"Last summer, the Minneapolis City Council took several steps toward defunding the city’s police department, including approving an amendment to remove $1 million from the police department and divert it toward the health department to hire “violence interrupters” - essentially social-workers with the mission of deescalating violent situations.

In December, the council then voted to reallocate about $8 million from the police budget to other city services. At the time, Jeremiah Ellison, a Minneapolis city councilman who had favored more aggressive efforts to defund the police, told the New York Times it was an “incredible investment.”
"

Minneapolis backtracks on defunding the Police - Washington Times

Needless to say, this is taken from an article talking about how they're backing the fuck away from it because it blew up in their face and led to a massive spike in crime.

Don't forget Seattle.

"Last week the City Council voted 8-1 for a 2022 city budget that cuts police funding by more than $7 million. That slash comes after the City Council cut the 2021 police budget by nearly $35.6 million, or 9%, from 2019."

Seattle Defunds the Police Again - WSJ

I don't know what talking head is feeding you the bullshit notion that politicians didn't start immediately draining funds from police departments, largely to disastrous results, but you need to take your head out of their ass and look into stuff yourself like an adult.

...and as a result of this woke movement...

Back