Rodriguez Suggests Stephens Should Have Lied to the Doctor to Keep the Fight Going

I'm sure the doctor would have believed Stephens if he said his vision was fine... smh

"Hey doc I just love watching pirates of the carribean. Always wanted to fight like a pirate, so please its just my new gimmick let me fight with one eye closed vision is fine as f***"

Well considering his eye ball was slashed, it's not so simple. For one the itch, pain, and eyelid not opening indicates that damage was significant and he needs time to heal. Yair pretty much ended the fight. A swollen eye sucks, but not comparable to having the sclera sliced.

Last edited:
"He obviously wanted to quit. That was the most brutal 10 seconds of his life. He should have fought with one eye like I did when frankie put a beating on me for 2 rounds."
- Yair Rodriguez

This guy seems like he complains a lot. Saying he shouldn't have had to fight Stephens in the first place because he was 1 rank below him.
Him mysteriously getting cut from the UFC makes a lot more sense now.

Sherdog.com:

. . .

“You always have to give the benefit of the doubt to your opponent,” he said. “You don’t know how he’s feeling. But he’s the only one who is going to have to live with that in his mind for the rest of his life, if it was a lie.

“You always have to give the benefit of the doubt,” he added. “I can’t imagine how it feels to have an eye poke. But I know how it feels to have an eye closed, and I still fought. But that’s up to me. But even with that, I told them I could see. I was ready to go in the third round because I said, ‘Yes, I could see,’ even if it was a lie. But everybody is different in this sport. The only one that has to live with that is Jeremy Stephens. I understand. . .”

. . .

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Y...d-Them-I-Could-See-162211#Z2qqfSVff1QBCBC2.99

Yair, in my opinion, is a little b*tch. Wasn’t he the one refusing fights after Frankie beat the brakes off him. He was terrified of that Russian fighter(I can’t think of his name). Yair needs to stfu already. The fight would’ve continued had he not had his fingers outstretched.

Doesn't sound like a solid plan.

Dr : Can you open your eye, Mr. Stephens?
Jeremy : Yep, no problem
Dr : Go on then
Jeremy : ....
Jeremy : Fuck

Stephens is the wrong guy to talk shit to about something like this. I see some monster shots hitting Yair's corpse if they ever run it back.

Yair is doing a fantastic job making himself look like a complete POS.

<DisgustingHHH>

Yair is doing a fantastic job making himself look like a complete POS.

<DisgustingHHH>
Gut instinct he turns down the rematch. I don't really follow Yair or watch his interviews but first ducking Zabit and now He is basically doing to best he can IMO to have people view that fight as win for him. Sherdog isn't buying. I wonder how the Mexican MMA fans feel about this. My south American friends aren't buying his BS.

Sherdog.com:

. . .

“You always have to give the benefit of the doubt to your opponent,” he said. “You don’t know how he’s feeling. But he’s the only one who is going to have to live with that in his mind for the rest of his life, if it was a lie.

“You always have to give the benefit of the doubt,” he added. “I can’t imagine how it feels to have an eye poke. But I know how it feels to have an eye closed, and I still fought. But that’s up to me. But even with that, I told them I could see. I was ready to go in the third round because I said, ‘Yes, I could see,’ even if it was a lie. But everybody is different in this sport. The only one that has to live with that is Jeremy Stephens. I understand. . .”

. . .

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Y...d-Them-I-Could-See-162211#Z2qqfSVff1QBCBC2.99

Fighters lie about injuries all the time.

I hope really, really bad things happen to this cunt in the near future

Yair, in my opinion, is a little b*tch. Wasn’t he the one refusing fights after Frankie beat the brakes off him. He was terrified of that Russian fighter(I can’t think of his name). Yair needs to stfu already. The fight would’ve continued had he not had his fingers outstretched.
Zabit and yeah he's making Michael Chiesa look like a fan favorite. Elias shouldn't count because both Chiesa and Yair are talented but when they speak...........
<mma3>

LOL the crowd exposed themselves to be classless. They didn't deserve a good fight.

I don't understand how anybody likes this guy. He is a mediocre fighter with a garbage personality.

Sherdog.com:

. . .

. . .

Difference is he LEGALLY got his eye shut and if he didnt it would be a TKO. He ILLEGALLY fouled someone with two fucking eye pokes at once which were really bad, why should Stephen's fight through giving him a clear advantage when it was an illegal foul?

Lol at Yair intentionally eye poking/raking Stephens so he would be at less than 100% then trying act like the entire injury and stopped fight fiasco was Stephens fault.

Straight out of the Colby Covington playbook, except this is not an act.

Fuck Yair, hope that they hold the rematch in the states.

Last edited:
Back