Rodriguez Suggests Stephens Should Have Lied to the Doctor to Keep the Fight Going

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sherdog.com:

. . .

“You always have to give the benefit of the doubt to your opponent,” he said. “You don’t know how he’s feeling. But he’s the only one who is going to have to live with that in his mind for the rest of his life, if it was a lie.

“You always have to give the benefit of the doubt,” he added. “I can’t imagine how it feels to have an eye poke. But I know how it feels to have an eye closed, and I still fought. But that’s up to me. But even with that, I told them I could see. I was ready to go in the third round because I said, ‘Yes, I could see,’ even if it was a lie. But everybody is different in this sport. The only one that has to live with that is Jeremy Stephens. I understand. . .”

. . .

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Y...d-Them-I-Could-See-162211#Z2qqfSVff1QBCBC2.99

Getting your eyeball scratched and getting your eye swole shut are two different things.

Tough talk from the guy who pussied out against Zabit TWICE

I'm sure the doctor would have believed Stephens if he said his vision was fine... smh

If Stephens was faking, he deserves an entry in Guinness book of world records, I don’t think anyone can keep their eye shut with that doctor trying to pry it open

So what yair said is that Stephens could have continued with a damaged cornea? that's not the same like a swollen eye. the nerve on this guy.

reminder: Yair got cut from the UFC for being a duck

Can't wait for him to get kod stiff.

Fuck Yair he's a fucking joke and that eye rake was clearly intentional

He is deluded. Your vision is the most important thing in a fight, if you can't see then you have no chance.. Yair translation is he basically wanted a cheap easy victory. Embarrassing

Sure Yair...he should have continued the fight handicapped from an injury YOU caused. YOU ruined your big moment on Mexican soil...not Jeremy.

If Stephens was faking, he deserves an entry in Guinness book of world records, I don’t think anyone can keep their eye shut with that doctor trying to pry it open
Yeah I tried on my own eye lol didn't work

I'd like to see the doctor who'd believe a fighter when he says he can see through an obviously shut eye. Well no, actually I'd like to avoid that doctor as much as possible.

Yeah, lie to him that you can open your eye while you cannot. Brilliant.

Back