Rodriguez Suggests Stephens Should Have Lied to the Doctor to Keep the Fight Going

A disgusting little bitch who although a tough fighter I could see spitting in another persons face. Classless, trashy, tasteless

Rodriguez needs to stop taking from his ya rear about this incident.

Honestly I can't remember an interview that caused me to dislike a fighter as much as this since Bones boasted about snitching on pot smokers. I'm not gonna go around saying that I hope Yair ends up with CTE or anything like that but I'll definitely be rooting against him from here on out.

I was still giving Yair the benefit of the doubt, now he’s being a total douchbag...

Can imagine it.

Stephens- It's cool doc not even sure why the ref called you in everything is fine.
Doc- Cool just open your eye then let me have a quick peek.
Stephens- *can't open eye*

Sherdog.com:

. . .

“You always have to give the benefit of the doubt to your opponent,” he said. “You don’t know how he’s feeling. But he’s the only one who is going to have to live with that in his mind for the rest of his life, if it was a lie.

“You always have to give the benefit of the doubt,” he added. “I can’t imagine how it feels to have an eye poke. But I know how it feels to have an eye closed, and I still fought. But that’s up to me. But even with that, I told them I could see. I was ready to go in the third round because I said, ‘Yes, I could see,’ even if it was a lie. But everybody is different in this sport. The only one that has to live with that is Jeremy Stephens. I understand. . .”

. . .

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Y...d-Them-I-Could-See-162211#Z2qqfSVff1QBCBC2.99
Yair should stop fighting dirty and none of this happens. Dude is delusional. Kinda hoping he gets his ass kicked now. I was a fan but he's clearly a douche.

If you can't open your eye when the doctor asks for it, he won't let you continue no matter what you say.
That is what happened here.

And then once it restarted Jeremy should have immediately eye poked him back.

Well nontheless that yair certainly would have targeted that closed eye side of Jeremy with head kicks.

Maybe that's why Yair was so pissed - his planned worked but worked too well...
This. And maybe a pat on the back and 40,000 from dana white. Woopdishit

What do you guys expect Rodriguez to say? He is a fighter that was fighting in his home country in the Main Event. He is probably salty about it. I would be too.

A lot of fighters have that mentality to keep going no matter what. I'm sure there are a lot of fighters out there that think Stephen's quit.

DA FUQQ is wrong with Stephens. The Best fighters fight, whether you see or not. Frank Dux kicked ass while completely blinded:

Stephens need to do full camp Tanaka Training....
IRVNJT.gif

GlossyConstantIbadanmalimbe-size_restricted.gif

yair is a sherdog legend

everyone knows you should never tap to anything
kongo quit
duffee quit
cowboy quit
stephens quit

just bleed, baby

What do you guys expect Rodriguez to say? He is a fighter that was fighting in his home country in the Main Event. He is probably salty about it. I would be too.

A lot of fighters have that mentality to keep going no matter what. I'm sure there are a lot of fighters out there that think Stephen's quit.
There's literally no chance Jeremy quit. The very idea of this bullshit is ridiculous honestly, it is. 15 seconds into the fight? Like the 40th of his career and Jeremy is looking for a way out? The dude isn't afraid to lose, and trained in Mexico for 6 weeks to acclimate.

Yair can be salty but his outburst was childish. There's a difference.

Jeremy's eye was spasming according to the doctor. It was a mess.

Maybe Yair should cut his fucking fingernails before stepping into the Octagon next time.

Herb dean was the one that said that. lmao

He is deluded. Your vision is the most important thing in a fight, if you can't see then you have no chance.. Yair translation is he basically wanted a cheap easy victory. Embarrassing

Exactly. But, in fairness, he already signaled that when he intentionally tried to blind his opponent in front of all of us.

I guess it should be no surprise that when he actually succeeded in what he was trying to do, it ended the fight instead giving him the opportunity to fight a blind man, as he'd intended.

Stephens is the wrong guy to talk shit to about something like this. I see some monster shots hitting Yair's corpse if they ever run it back.
Stephens was gonna flatline him. Yair has been pieced up by almost every guy he's fought. Frankie tooled his ass, long lay off Korean Zombie was outstriking him until the elbow. Stephens is the last fucking guy you wanna fight if your hittable. Shit Stephens connected in the opening exchange, it was gonna go downhill quick.

Stephens was gonna make that fight look like a cartel execution video.

And then once it restarted Jeremy should have immediately eye poked him back.
In the rematch, Jeremy should absolutely do this. Then Yair has to eat his own words and keep fighting while blind.

Back