Rockhold: Weidman beating old men.

weidman by ko

he's 10x tougher than rockhold, rockhold used to be likeable..what happened?

He started talking.

Seriously, though, his likeability has diminished in direct proportion to his desire to sell fights. I wish these guys that don't have 'the gift' wouldn't try to force it but I guess it's the business and they want to make that $$$.

I wish just being the best fighter was the path to the $$$ but it seems like it's less than half the equation these days.

so is he inferring that vitor was young when he beat him, but old by the time Weidman had gotten to him?

Rockhold is annoying as fuck. Half the time he sounds like a bitter ex-girlfriend. It's a shame too because he has a lot of talent. Hell, had he fought the Silva that Weidman did he may have won as well (but I still think Anderson would have KO'd him).

This will be a good fight for Weidman. But even a win won't shut Rockhold up.

I have Rockhold in this one. I think he will give Chris a beat down. He is very fast and dynamic. I think he will stuff TD from Weidman.

Rockhold has to get it to the deck. Machida, who Chris outstruck handily, was making Rockhold look sloooooow as hell on the feet.

Jacare....
1, 2, and 5 go to Jacare. The only reason Rockhold was in that fight is because Jacare gassed after easily controlling the first two rounds. After that fight, Jacare lost a little but of muscle and his cardio has looked great ever since. Back then everyone knew the formula for beating Jacare: weather the storm. Rockhold did but I still feel like he gave up that last round.

Weidman and Rockhold are both fantastic fighters. They are definitely in the top three.

I'm just wondering when people are going to accept that this is Jacare's belt and he's definitely going to get it when he FINALLY gets his chance.

Rockhold has to get it to the deck. Machida, who Chris outstruck handily, was making Rockhold look sloooooow as hell on the feet.

With the difference being that Weidman went the full 5 rounds and couldn't finish Machida while Rockhold subs him in the second round.

Rockhold isn't exactly wrong. Although not their fault, Weidman and Jones have had a similar path. Both have fought mostly guys in their mid to late 30s throughout their career. With Jones, as soon as he fought someone his age and size in Gustaffson, he had problems.

It'll be interesting to see if Weidman has similar problems when he faces Rockhold which on paper should be his equal.

And you lost to one, Luke.

Stop with the trash talk fella, you're fucking terrible at it.

With the difference being that Weidman went the full 5 rounds and couldn't finish Machida while Rockhold subs him in the second round.

Exactly. Rocko beat a Machida who had been softened up real nice by Chris.

He has to get Weidman to the deck to damage him up real nice. He just has to. He ain't doing shit to Chrissy Boy on the feet.

Here we go! We need some talk here cause both these 2 guys are boring as hell personality wise.

Have u ever watched an interview by either guy??? Yeah he needs to be some insane lunatic, like ur idol w silva, before he has a personality

Exactly. Rocko beat a Machida who had been softened up real nice by Chris.

He has to get Weidman to the deck to damage him up real nice. He just has to. He ain't doing shit to Chrissy Boy on the feet.
I don't think Rockhold will get Weidman down. Even then, Weidman is a legit Black Belt, and Luke isn't gonna' have fun trying to out-grapple him.

Back