Rockhold Trash Talk: Character or Anger?

USA!USA!

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
It seems like during media interviews and press conferences the way he always talks about his opponent is like he is seriously angry at them and it's personal.

Is that just the way he talks shit and he takes it all personally - or is he just trying to sell the fight and playing a weird angry character?

Some guys you can tell are just selling fights with trash talk - Chael, McGregor, even Covington...

But Rockhold sounds legit angry everytime he speaks. Like at the press conference with Yoel:

"Yoel calls himself ‘The Soldier of God,’ yet he talks about crippling and hospitalizing his opponents."

Dude sounded pissed when talking about Yoel like he is the scum of the earth. What is Luke's deal?

Comparatively, Mark, Yoel and Curtis Blaydes at the conference all seemed civil and easy going lol

Good question. I guess some people need that for fighting. While you've got the Cerrones, who perform better when they're acting friendly (to the point when it even gets awkward sometimes, lol), you've also got the Diaz brothers, the Michael Bispings, and, who knows... probably the Luke Rockholds too.

Does remind me of Bisping but Bisping is at least funny.. you can tell he takes things personally but he is at least funny about it sometimes.

Luke is just straight hatred and serious anger all the time lol

Rockhold is the best, he is prepared, he is better than his opponent, he will not be surpised, and that's it.
Rockhold and trash talk are not friends.

weuQZPT.jpg

Some people have to hate their opponents to get in the fight mentality.

Seems like a guy that is too tense all of the time. Too serious, not taking a joke, e.t.c. Uncomfortable, maybe?

Seems like a guy that is too tense all of the time. Too serious, not taking a joke, e.t.c. Uncomfortable, maybe?

Yeah exactly. Way too serious. Not sure if he was playing a haradass character or if he is seriously that uptight.

Yeah exactly. Way too serious. Not sure if he was playing a haradass character or if he is seriously that uptight.

One would think that a friend of D.C. would be more light-hearted. Come on Luke, cheer up!
<36> {<jordan} <Dany07>

One would think that a friend of D.C. would be more light-hearted. Come on Luke, cheer up!

Are they still friends? Wasn't Luke training with Volkan in Florida?

Yeah, it's difficult to take it in. I'm not sure what's happening with that Luke Rockhold.

Why would you expect someone who gets punched in the face for a living to be the fount of wisdom?

I think the Yoel thing stems deeper then "he claims to be solder of god but tries killing people" thing. I think he throughly believes Yoel's been on PEDS for a long time and is just a flat out cheater so why should he give him any respect? Lets get real, Yoel really should have more losses on his record then it shows. Kennedy had his ass on queer street but he cheated to regain his wits lol. And every judge outside of the ones actually ringside calling the Jacare fight had Jacare winning by decision.

Respect him in the fight though Lukey boy, I need my bread for that fight lol

Are they still friends? Wasn't Luke training with Volkan in Florida?

I think he moved there because most of the team were injured and couldn't help him in training anyway. Maybe he moved for reason unrelated to fighting and couldn't train at AKA anymore due to distance? I don't know if there is anything wrong between them, i don't follow this kind of news. Did you hear/read something else?

Back