Rockhold Trash Talk: Character or Anger?

It seems like during media interviews and press conferences the way he always talks about his opponent is like he is seriously angry at them and it's personal.

Is that just the way he talks shit and he takes it all personally - or is he just trying to sell the fight and playing a weird angry character?

Some guys you can tell are just selling fights with trash talk - Chael, McGregor, even Covington...

But Rockhold sounds legit angry everytime he speaks. Like at the press conference with Yoel:

"Yoel calls himself ‘The Soldier of God,’ yet he talks about crippling and hospitalizing his opponents."

Dude sounded pissed when talking about Yoel like he is the scum of the earth. What is Luke's deal?

Comparatively, Mark, Yoel and Curtis Blaydes at the conference all seemed civil and easy going lol
Come on now.
He referred to Yoel as the real deal and top of the division as well.
What he did is point out the contradiction of calling yourself soldier of God then talking about naming people... which he is right, and I think he was doing is just being ironic.
But he did point how good Yoel was, and IMO it was respectful.

Yeah man but its not just with Yoel too even with Branch he seemed legit upset with him.
Well Branch also talked a lot of shit before that fight to if you can remember. Remember Barbershop Branch? lol

It seems like during media interviews and press conferences the way he always talks about his opponent is like he is seriously angry at them and it's personal.

Is that just the way he talks shit and he takes it all personally - or is he just trying to sell the fight and playing a weird angry character?

Some guys you can tell are just selling fights with trash talk - Chael, McGregor, even Covington...

But Rockhold sounds legit angry everytime he speaks. Like at the press conference with Yoel:

"Yoel calls himself ‘The Soldier of God,’ yet he talks about crippling and hospitalizing his opponents."

Dude sounded pissed when talking about Yoel like he is the scum of the earth. What is Luke's deal?

Comparatively, Mark, Yoel and Curtis Blaydes at the conference all seemed civil and easy going lol
Just the way he is. Some fighters are like that, their opponent thinks they can beat them and they take it personal.

Come on now.
He referred to Yoel as the real deal and top of the division as well.
What he did is point out the contradiction of calling yourself soldier of God then talking about naming people... which he is right, and I think he was doing is just being ironic.
But he did point how good Yoel was, and IMO it was respectful.

Didn't say really he was disrespectful - just that he seemed legit angry when talking about Yoel.

You really took his comments about Yoel out of context. The comment was in regards to a question about Yoel being speed bump, and Luke expressing the seriousness of the fight.

Don't see how that is out of context. He said exactly that - it means exactly the same thing even if I included the rest of his statements.

weuQZPT.jpg
3:36 where? What video??

He always strike me as a guy who always have a chip in his shoulder, he seems to be bothered most of time specially during fight week

This,

i feel like hes one of those guys that has spent his life looking for some kind of vindication or has that me agiasnt the world type mindset..can be a good asset to have as a fighter , makes you focus and push to surpass everyone else.. after the bisping loss he does seem even darker now..with his trash talk..which i wouldnt even call trash talk as i believe its his real opinion..

I don't think it's an act. He just seems the kind who was born with a chip on his shoulder for some reason. There doesn't have to be a logical reason for it either, some folks are just that way...

Didn't say really he was disrespectful - just that he seemed legit angry when talking about Yoel.
I don't know... I didn't get that vibe.
IMO it is just how he speaks, like an ... "annoyed" kind of guy who "knows he is the best" and it reflects on how he speaks. But it is confidence mixed with the status of how things happened since he lost his belt.
I think he genuinely believes he should be fighting Yoel, as they are the top of the division (along with Whittaker and Jacare), and the nonsense of Bisping and GSP fuck this up for over a year.

I don't know... I didn't get that vibe.
IMO it is just how he speaks, like an ... "annoyed" kind of guy who "knows he is the best" and it reflects on how he speaks. But it is confidence mixed with the status of how things happened since he lost his belt.
I think he genuinely believes he should be fighting Yoel, as they are the top of the division (along with Whittaker and Jacare), and the nonsense of Bisping and GSP fuck this up for over a year.

Eh maybe you're right and that is just how he talks.. I don't know.

well of course he's going to be angry and on edge. he's going to fight that other guy who wants to take away what he wants. look at the diaz bros. now they REALLY get angry at their opponents. i just think that rockhold puts absolutely no front on who he is. he is who he is, and i respect that.

Rockhold has a superiority complex. its obvious. But can you blame him? Hes like 6'3, stupidly hansom and jacked, and an elite cage fighter.

people have different interpretation of God. Romero could kill for God depend what part of book you look at.

Rockhold has a superiority complex. its obvious. But can you blame him? Hes like 6'3, stupidly hansom and jacked, and an elite cage fighter.

IDK man a lot of people who feel good about themselves don't necessarily act so bitter like he does lol

He doean't sound angry to me, just serious.

I dont think you understand the concept of salt, most likely upset at the whole planet for giving Romero a chance.

Yeah I guess I don't. I think there typically needs to be a reason to have salt?

Too bad he has a shit personality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back