Robot workers

Robots..... friends or foe?

• Total voters
there was a thread about this recently on the subreddit kitchenconfidential.

it seemed a lot of back of the house workers are not opposed to it. particularly now, with those types of jobs being in extremely high supply, while the suppliers still want to pay wages as low as they were when there werent an excess of boh jobs.

the reality of it is, the restaurant economy in the US is and has been fucked up for a long time. front of the house gets paid massively more in tips for work that often times is not significantly more skilled or more difficult than boh. and many people treat dining out as a regular necessity, when in reality it is a luxury.

as automation becomes more competent and affordable, many restaurant positions should disappear.

So here there's no more plastic bags anymore and some stores don't even offer the option, so basically all the cashier is doing is just scanning the shit, I'm guessing that will be obsolete in a few years.

I like the idea of robots behind the register and doing food prep. The odds of someone spitting in my food are reduced dramatically

I literally service robot “workers” as my career. They do eliminate some labour positions but people don’t want to work anyways lol
I dont even know where to start with this one so Im just gonna say
"username checks out"

Reactions: Isa
I like the idea of robots behind the register and doing food prep. The odds of someone spitting in my food are reduced dramatically
You would think that but since they are trying to keep things somewhat accurate the robot is actually designed to spit in every 7th order or ones with more than 2 modifications per ticket.

So here there's no more plastic bags anymore and some stores don't even offer the option, so basically all the cashier is doing is just scanning the shit, I'm guessing that will be obsolete in a few years.
Pretty much is in most stores out by me at this point.
Im fine with that for the most part but feel I should get employee perks.
Or maybe on days Im a few bucks short I just punch my number in and start ringing people up in the self checkout area to make a few bucks.
Can I rack up company time that way to get benefits?

Pretty much is in most stores out by me at this point.
Im fine with that for the most part but feel I should get employee perks.
Or maybe on days Im a few bucks short I just punch my number in and start ringing people up in the self checkout area to make a few bucks.
Can I rack up company time that way to get benefits?
sometimes i bring my own bag and leave it there with the groceries with the implication for them to do it, but they usually dont bite

prolly why i end up paying a nickel or quarter or whatever for the bags cuz i dont wanna do their fuckin job for them

sometimes i bring my own bag and leave it there with the groceries with the implication for them to do it, but they usually dont bite
You should bring your own bag boy.
Actually if I owned a rival supermarket I would send cashiers over into the self checkout section to help ring up there stuff and poach customers

prolly why i end up paying a nickel or quarter or whatever for the bags cuz i dont wanna do their fuckin job for them
Haha I never thought of it that way. Kinda makes me want to make a big spectacle about it now.
OH THEY PAY YOU HOW MUCH TO BAG THESE GROCERIES?

You would think that but since they are trying to keep things somewhat accurate the robot is actually designed to spit in every 7th order or ones with more than 2 modifications per ticket.

Yeah but robot spit seems like it would be preferrable to what a human that works at a fast food place would produce

Demands by fast food workers for unrealistically high wages will get their jobs automated out of existence.

Back