Robot workers

Robots..... friends or foe?

• Total voters
I dont even know where to start with this one so Im just gonna say
"username checks out"
We can’t get people to come work at our plant. In this province, the average household median income (for two people) is about 50k. We pay a forklift operator 65 to start with lots of opportunity for overtime, tenure pay bumps, health plan, RRSP’s, TFSA’s, ect and yet still, we’re still looking.

Canadians don’t want to work, especially not in the provinces where the unemployment and CERB handouts are enough to actually live off of.

Can a robot be programmed to love??
Probably, but I dont think they understand it.
Its probably more like an obsession
Or one of those painful boners you get that lasts for hours when one of those Wandering Spiders bites you.

I hope in the near future, each person could buy an affordable IG-11 or C3-PO for home use.
Why no R2? We can make trashcan versions!
Arent those IG-11s straight up murderbots?
I mean Im down but we cant kill ALL the customers, not quickly at least.
(you will have to excuse me if that is inaccurate I have only seen the orig trig and the prequels)

Why no R2? We can make trashcan versions!
Arent those IG-11s straight up murderbots?
I mean Im down but we cant kill ALL the customers, not quickly at least.
(you will have to excuse me if that is inaccurate I have only seen the orig trig and the prequels)
In Mandalorian, an ugnaught re-programmed a broken IG-11 to be Baby Yoda's nanny/bodyguard and do misc chores, butler duty. It can swivel at the waist unlike C3-PO.

R2 would have trouble using stairs.

In Mandalorian, an ugnaught re-programmed a broken IG-11 to be Baby Yoda's nanny/bodyguard and do misc chores, butler duty. It can swivel at the waist unlike C3-PO.

R2 would have trouble using stairs.

Word, def sounds more useful than a 3p0 but 3p0 cpuld be better when you arent trying to intimidate whoever it is interacting with.

Good point about r2 but
Restaurants that use robots are gonna most likely the type that will be ADA compliant so stairs shouldnt be an issue (in America at least). Im not sure how that kind of thing works in other countries though.

Folks laugh but within a 100 years robots will replace many jobs.

Back