robert will finish kevin

Rob will use his height and speed advantages. So the Reaper wins by KO in which ever round he chooses
giphy.gif

robert has too much for young kevin imo.

robert does better in the later rounds than kevin who mostly fades from fighting way taller and heavier fights like weidman.

kevins only hope is too finish robert in the 1st or 2nd but after that roberts kickboxing and boxing will takeover and eventually get the tko/or sub win.
Basically certain. Gasterlum cardio and foward pressure plus his chin what he got. Thing is Whittaker beaten a even more genetic beast in competitive. Compared to that gasterlum not in par.

Anyone else not sold on Whittaker? I know, I know, he "beat" Yoel twice but for some reason I'm not on the bandwagon yet.

I think these two losses are precluding me from becoming a full blown fan boy View attachment 475411

The two losses in a different weight class over four years ago stops you from becoming a fan boy?

Man some people are hard to please. 8 fight winning streak since moving up in weight including jacare . Romero x 2 .brunson while on a 4 fight ko streak.

Kelvin lost to weidman last year. Also to the people questioning Whittakers chin and raving about Kelvins chin vs Woodley. Umm wasn't Kelvin 10lbs over that fight ?

Whittaker got finished by wonderboy at welterweight. Something tells me if he weighed in at middleweight that fight doesn't end like that imo.

what does this even mean?

that robert has to wrestle to win here? or that robert can't stop kelvin's wrestling? because those are both stupid statements since whittaker is a top 3 (or even the best) striker in the division atm and has insane TDD and ability to get back up.

Obviously he has to wrestle here to win this, Kelvin has much better hands and a granite chin. Duh. <Moves>

Obviously he has to wrestle here to win this, Kelvin has much better hands and a granite chin. Duh. <Moves>
......lol whittaker doesn't have to wrestle to beat anyone, he's completely capable of outstriking or finishing most guys in the division.

......lol whittaker doesn't have to wrestle to beat anyone, he's completely capable of outstriking or finishing most guys in the division.

We shall find out in February ;)

Kelvin has dat Cromag level chin that’ll keep him in any fight, he also possesses decent power to give him a punchers chance. This should be an easy pick, however after seeing Bobby on skates and barely surviving Romero... I gotta wonder if Whittaker’s chin is absolutely ripe for the picking. The thought that two supersized welterweights would be fighting for the MW belt would’ve been laughable a few years back... I’m glad to see guys fighting closer to their natural weight having good success, hopefully this continues to be a trend. This should be an outstanding scrap.
<{jackyeah}>

Kelvin has dat Cromag level chin that’ll keep him in any fight, he also possesses decent power to give him a punchers chance. This should be an easy pick, however after seeing Bobby on skates and barely surviving Romero... I gotta wonder if Whittaker’s chin is absolutely ripe for the picking. The thought that two supersized welterweights would be fighting for the MW belt would’ve been laughable a few years back... I’m glad to see guys fighting closer to their natural weight having good success, hopefully this continues to be a trend. This should be an outstanding scrap.
<{jackyeah}>
Agreed. Hard fight for both men. As much as I love Bobby losing to Kelvin isn't embarrassing. He is a machine! And a cool dude. Same with Yoel, no shame losing to him if that had happened.

Agreed. Hard fight for both men. As much as I love Bobby losing to Kelvin isn't embarrassing. He is a machine! And a cool dude. Same with Yoel, no shame losing to him if that had happened.
Not that I personally know Kelvin or Bobby, but they both represent combat sports well and seem quite likeable, that’s why it’s hard for me to root against either guy. I’m quite sure it’ll be a barn burner fight and whomever comes out on top won’t be whining about money fights or ducking the top 185 pounders... having respect for both men as competitors and martial artist it’ll be hard seeing one of them lose... but who knows maybe it’ll be so competitive they’ll give us the privilege of seeing them square off more than once.

Not that I personally know Kelvin or Bobby, but they both represent combat sports well and seem quite likeable, that’s why it’s hard for me to root against either guy. I’m quite sure it’ll be a barn burner fight and whomever comes out on top won’t be whining about money fights or ducking the top 185 pounders... having respect for both men as competitors and martial artist it’ll be hard seeing one of them lose... but who knows maybe it’ll be so competitive they’ll give us the privilege of seeing them square off more than once.
Great post mate. Only difference is I will be butthurt and will stay off Sherdog if Bobby loses.......for a couple of hours.

Kelvin’s box is way above Whittaker’s, Kelvin KOs him out

Referring to a fighter by their first name is one of my Sherdog pet peeves.

Spelling the name wrong is another one.

You mean Whittaker and Gastelum.

He better hope. That blitzing Karate style is perfect for fighters with superior boxing. Kind of like Kelvin. This fight is going to be wild, I can't wait.

robert has too much for young kevin imo.

robert does better in the later rounds than kevin who mostly fades from fighting way taller and heavier fights like weidman.

kevins only hope is too finish robert in the 1st or 2nd but after that roberts kickboxing and boxing will takeover and eventually get the tko/or sub win.
Kelvin*

Back