• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Robelis Despaigne only has 6 mma fights, give him 2 more years and nobody is beating him. He has an 87 reach. People are going to catch those hands.

an inch & a half longer than Jones & coming from a bit higher... Would be amazing if he had more time left to develop.

pretty big ask getting his TDD in order. Some can do it, but some can't. Grappling since 2019. EEK!!! Looks like another Gane level grappler imo.

I mean, maybe. He's getting a pretty late start on the grappling...

Can't wait for him to reach his prime at age 40! :eek:
It's heavyweight and his past is tkd so not the most grueling sport. Many guys that made their MMA debuts late had amazing longevity and did great well into their 40s. Yoel Romero and DC are just a couple examples of that.

I'm more focused on whether he can fill in the grappling holes or not than I am his age. He's 36 but young in fight years.

It's heavyweight and his past is tkd so not the most grueling sport.

Joe Rogan tells me otherwise. Life altering headkick KO’s left and right. I can’t believe so many people get their little kids enrolled in such a brutal martial art.

8rl97i.jpg

Joe Rogan tells me otherwise. Life altering headkick KO’s left and right. I can’t believe so many people get their little kids enrolled in such a brutal martial art.

Some of us are old enough to have trained TKD when it was pretty brutal. The 70's and 80's were very, very full contact. If you are too young and had an instructor from that era you may know as well.

He's a 36 year old taekwondo guy. I'll take him for what he is. He'll have some highlights here and there. No shame in that.

People are quick to write fighters off, but who is going to beat him once he develops TDD? He is 6'7 and has an 87 reach. People are going to catch those hands right and left.
Robelis -- welcome to Sherdog!
your English language classes are coming along just great!

I don't know. I don't even think his striking looked that good. But I guess if he greatly improved his wrestling, learned some jiu jitsu, become a better striker, and basically just became a completely different fighter , he could be champion....

He's got a small window, but he's an athlete. That big motherfucker slipped to the mat, was getting back to his feet and moving backwards, and still slipped a punch that at the very least was going to hurt him. He's got some gifts, he just lacks a lot of tools that take a minute to learn, and he's kinda old, so it hurts his prospects. I'ma still ride with him, though.

Back