Robbie Lawler would not "Absolutely Destroy" McGregor

Robbie just charges at you? Tell that to all the dudes who eat that counter straight of his. I think they would seriously disagree. He's great at setting traps. His striking hasn't improved? It pretty fucking clearly has. What the does Melvin Manhoef have to do with anything. That dude might murder Conor. He fought fucking heavyweights in K1

He's a southpaw too. That left hand isn't going to land as easy as it does on shorter FWs.

Robbie deserves his belt. When someone beats him clearly, that won't be the case.

Who has he absolutely destroyed in the past fights?

just to answer the question

Villasenior, Ninja, Showalter, Pamplona, Kowakatsu, Tiki, Vitale twice, Trigg, Manhoef, Linland, Voelker

these men almost epitomize being absolutely destroyed

I strongly believe that Robbie would rape Conor with reckless abandon.
This thread suffers from delusional idiocy.

Why does everybody think it will take a huge power shot to beat Lawler? Diaz KO'd him with a fucking jab
And he's been KO'd how many times since? And faced some animals in the time.

I think people are drastically overestimating the power in Conor's hands. There is plenty for the lighter weight divisions, but he's primarily a precision striker that scores TKOs with volume. He's not the one punch KO artist that he's billed as currently. He does have excellent ability when countering to produce powerful shots due to his accuracy.
At this time we can only speculate, when Conor fights RDA we can see whether he has the knockout power or not. Aldo fight speaks for itself.
Conor is not exactly Anthony Johnson, but there are different type of knockout artists, those who have explosive raging power and those who are accurate

Villasenior, Ninja, Showalter, Pamplona, Kowakatsu, Tiki, Vitale twice, Trigg, Manhoef, Linland, Voelker

Yes, he finished him, but before that right hand landed, Manhoef was mauling Lawler.

Conor would have a chance against Lawler. Just not as much as he does against RDA. I think Conor wipes out RDA with relative ease, but Lawler is just much bigger and his straight left is deceptively quick.

Lawler would be favourite against McGregor and rightly so.

giphy.gif

QuestionableJaggedArmyant.gif

robbie-lawler-ko-s-tiki-o.gif

Lawler.gif

tumblr_m6vptwoF951ry1rm7o1_250.gif

I think these gentlemen plus many many more would disagree with you.
tumblr_m9e19sHT2r1ry1rm7o1_250.gif
oh really?

Sickening.

Lawler is one of DFW's favourites and I think that has something to do with him being champion.

He's the least skilled champion in a long time, makes me embarrassed to be an MMA fan.

Conor would beat him imo but he won't go through RDA.

Which one of them is even near the fighter Conor is?
Obviously much easier to knockout bunch of bums. Manhoef knockout was pure luck and you know it.

At this time we can only speculate, when Conor fights RDA we can see whether he has the knockout power or not. Aldo fight speaks for itself.
Conor is not exactly Anthony Johnson, but there are different type of knockout artists, those who have explosive raging power and those who are accurate
Conor has dat anderson silva ko skill, placement and timing. His power at lightweight will still be there, maybe even better. I think he has like 8 or 9 kos at lightweight already

I wouldn't put Manhoef in there. Manhoef was destroying Lawler until he got caught.

Which one of them is even near the fighter Conor is?
Obviously much easier to knockout bunch of bums. Manhoef knockout was pure luck and you know it.
They're all much bigger than Conor, so while they may not be technically as good, in real terms they all have a decent shot at beating him.

I favor Conor in the fight. I feel it'd be a striking match, and the skill discrepancy between the two of them is greater than Lawler's 2 inches of height and 15 pounds of weight.

And I say that as a big Robbie Lawler fan. His UFC run and title reign has been incredible. People still vastly underrate his improvements as a striker, but I'm not one of them.

Trigg got practically murdered and blinded by him... Manhoef was never the same after that KO... Linland never took another big fight... But Tiki shouldn't be on your list - it was stopped for the cut, remember...?

Ha! I just remembered the ref sliding on his head to pull Lawler off him... That ref never made it big!

true that.

but demian maia would.

We are talking about a 15-20lbs difference here, its not like he would be fighting a non ranked WW, its a very durable guy with very good striking, and legit one shot KO power in his hands.

No. Just, no. Take his peen from your butt, and you might be able to think a little more clearly.
I dunno. You seem kinda biased. I also know personally that you're very biased. And you aren't good at arguing. I can throw the ad hominem at you too if you want, in that you don't enjoy watching Conor, dislike him personally, and prefer women's fights above everything, and therefore your opinion is probably shit.

Knockout power at featherweight doesn't translate to knockout power 2 weight classes above. You think lawler couldn't take conors left hand then watch the Rory fight again, Rory hits just as hard probably harder than Conor. Again, your assessment of lawlers fighting style is embarrassingly inaccurate. He doesn't just have power, his parrys and slips and counter striking are elite level.

Sickening.

Lawler is one of DFW's favourites and I think that has something to do with him being champion.

He's the least skilled champion in a long time, makes me embarrassed to be an MMA fan.

Conor would beat him imo but he won't go through RDA.

If you think Lawler is unskilled, you have no clue what you're watching. Although he did look a bit regressed against Condit, but I hear his boxing coach split before the fight.

Back