Robbie Lawler would not "Absolutely Destroy" McGregor

Heres the TS original post in all its embarrassing glory.

Who has he absolutely destroyed in the past fights?

I give him credit for fuckin' up Rory MacDonalds' nose but that was after he was losing the fight.
He lost to Condit but he got gifted a decision
He got gifted a decision against Hendricks
He got into decision with Matt Brown

Sure he has a lot power and punchers luck but his technique is not the cleanest, he simply charges at you and tries to knock you out, doesn't use wrestling, doesn't use BJJ and his fighters IQ is not the highest.

We have seen his struggle against skilled stand-up fighters, Melvin Manhoef for example: He was ABSOLUTELY killing Lawler until he landed the lucky overhand right that knocked Manhoef out. Manhoef is not known for a iron chin so its not a big surprise he got knocked out. Of course people will say that "it was years ago and he is a different fighter nowadays" but to be honest his stand-up is not that much better from their fight. Of course Manhoef and Conor have very different styles, but they're both fast, strong and calculated.

Now people seem to forget that Conor has a very good chin and his movement alone could be a big trouble for Lawler who is used to more traditional fighters, of course Lawler COULD knock out McGregor but that is very unlikely.

People also seem to forget that Conor has very good accuracy and he actually knows where to punch and when. This has been proven to you Conor haters time and time again, but you meat heads won't believe it. So be it.

Robbie is getting older all the time, he will soon be 34 so he is facing the end of his prime (most likely) so it will be another factor WHY Conor would beat him.

It is pretty obvious that out of all the champions Robbie is definitely the most entertaining one, but i have never felt that he deserves the spot. He belongs to the top 3 in my opinion and i don't think that he would even beat GSP. Of course now we can only speculate since GSP is no longer in the game, that is just my opinion.

If Conor beats RDA (In my opinion he will) i can't wait to see him vs. Lawler, might be even shorter fight than the upcoming RDA fight. You Conor haters are counting him out time and time again.

I was blinded by the hype.
Who has he absolutely destroyed in the past fights?

I give him credit for fuckin' up Rory MacDonalds' nose but that was after he was losing the fight.
He lost to Condit but he got gifted a decision
He got gifted a decision against Hendricks
He got into decision with Matt Brown

Sure he has a lot power and punchers luck but his technique is not the cleanest, he simply charges at you and tries to knock you out, doesn't use wrestling, doesn't use BJJ and his fighters IQ is not the highest.

We have seen his struggle against skilled stand-up fighters, Melvin Manhoef for example: He was ABSOLUTELY killing Lawler until he landed the lucky overhand right that knocked Manhoef out. Manhoef is not known for a iron chin so its not a big surprise he got knocked out. Of course people will say that "it was years ago and he is a different fighter nowadays" but to be honest his stand-up is not that much better from their fight. Of course Manhoef and Conor have very different styles, but they're both fast, strong and calculated.

Now people seem to forget that Conor has a very good chin and his movement alone could be a big trouble for Lawler who is used to more traditional fighters, of course Lawler COULD knock out McGregor but that is very unlikely.

People also seem to forget that Conor has very good accuracy and he actually knows where to punch and when. This has been proven to you Conor haters time and time again, but you meat heads won't believe it. So be it.

Robbie is getting older all the time, he will soon be 34 so he is facing the end of his prime (most likely) so it will be another factor WHY Conor would beat him.

It is pretty obvious that out of all the champions Robbie is definitely the most entertaining one, but i have never felt that he deserves the spot. He belongs to the top 3 in my opinion and i don't think that he would even beat GSP. Of course now we can only speculate since GSP is no longer in the game, that is just my opinion.

If Conor beats RDA (In my opinion he will) i can't wait to see him vs. Lawler, might be even shorter fight than the upcoming RDA fight. You Conor haters are counting him out time and time again.

Here you go bud.

Back