Robbie Lawler vs. Vicente Luque is the Perfect Fight to Make Right Now

Who Wins?

• Total voters
The amount of people that don’t know who Vicente Luque is, a top 15 fighter, and on an MMA forum for that matter? Wow. Guy is all action.

if Masvidal can be outside the top 10 and get a top 5 fight while having lost his last 2 then let Vincent get his break.

The amount of people that don’t know who Vicente Luque is, a top 15 fighter, and on an MMA forum for that matter? Wow. Guy is all action.
You think thats bad ? You should watch the comment section in UFC instagram account .
They posted a picture announcing Assuncao vs Sandhagen with al lthe comments being who and who , who da fook are these guys , this is gonna be boring , who are these nobodies etc .
I'll get it if you dont know who Sandhagen is since he is relatively a new corner but Assuncao is the #2 guy in BW(According to the rankings)and has been a top 10 fighter for almost a decade now and a top 5 fighter for a long time too(He was the #1 contender back in 2013) as well and if you dont know him you dont know the sport.

You high bro? Robbie definitely isn't that far gone.....or am I a BJ Penn fan
<{yearp}>

Same team as Robbie. Most likely would not fight?

Sorry but Luque would schmoke that chin. Barbarena not normal.. robbie would die and he and Hendo are my only two names on my MMA Mt. Rushmore right now. It's just what would happen but fuck that. Give Ponz Robbie he Just Called Him Out. C'mon. Give Ponz a name! Or Luque there's a banger but does nothing for Ponz so no, f that. Luque is a killer and will only get better but Ponz beats the entire fucking division his only challenges would be Colby and Usman. Luque would get overwhelmed by them right now, Ponz would give them hell.

I can't believe people still don't know who Luque is. The man is as legit as they come and should be a favourite over this version of Lawler.
I half-ass watch fight cards nowadays and I know who Luque is for a while now. I guess even my half-assing is more than some of the casuals in here.

Vincent Luque is one of the most underappreciated fighters of all time... And yet he never fights top people. It would be a fun fight but I doubt Lawler would take it

Whether he can win or not, he hasn’t earned a fight with Lawler. That’s right you need to earn the opportunity to face a former champ with tons of mileage and nothing to gain from beating your ass.

I don’t care what his record is (16-6 not even that good, all recent wins being over low ranked opponents) he hasn’t beaten ANYONE in the top ten. Not even sure about top 15 even.

You are obviously a fan of his which is fine but that still doesn't make him a card headliner. His performances have been impressive but he has not beaten anyone of note yet. A match-up with someone like Neil Magny, who has faced 5 former champions/title contenders in his UFC career, is far more realistic for him at this point than Lawler who is still very much at the top.

It's ridiculous that many "fans" on here don't know who Luque is but this thread is teetering on the opposite side of the extreme by over-hyping an exciting but still unproven prospect

Vincent Luque is one of the most underappreciated fighters of all time
This is one of the most exaggerated/delusional statements I have ever heard

You are obviously a fan of his which is fine but that still doesn't make him a card headliner. His performances have been impressive but he has not beaten anyone of note yet. A match-up with someone like Neil Magny, who has faced 5 former champions/title contenders in his UFC career, is far more realistic for him at this point than Lawler who is still very much at the top.

It's ridiculous that many "fans" on here don't know who Luque is but this thread is teetering on the opposite side of the extreme by over-hyping an exciting but still unproven prospect

This is one of the most exaggerated/delusional statements I have ever heard
Yeah sorry I'm a little drunk. One of the more underrated and overlooked fighters on the current roster. Does that work better?

I’d prefer the RDA rematch if Woodley and Askren aren’t options.

I like those matchups too. Especially the Ponzi fight. Sounds like the ufc has a vendetta against Ponzi for turning down the Till fight though. RDA originally wanted Ponzi but the ufc said no because they didn’t want to give him a top 5 guy after turning down Till.
no he turned down wonderboy and ducked usman.

Fail thread. Robbie wins via, who the fuck is Vicente Luque?!
Are we still doing this?
Pretending that it's somehow "cool" to pretend to be ignorant of MMA on an MMA forum?

LOL @ at how many people are writing Lawler off as being 'done' even though in his last fight he looked like a killing machine and almost murdered Ben Askren

Luque has looked pretty good so far but he hasn't fought anyone ranked high enough to get excited about

This fight makes no sense. At this point in his career Robbie should be getting big names or fights that can advance his ranking

It would be a big step up for Luque, but a big step back for Lawler. In fact this would almost be a gatekeeper fight for Robbie. Is Luque even ranked yet? If Robbie is still a contender, I would say bad fight for him to take now.

Back