Robbie Lawler vs. Vicente Luque is the Perfect Fight to Make Right Now

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Yeah, I know Robbie only wants Woodley and Askren rematches, but this is the fight the makes the most sense to do next tbh. Luque has been absolutely lights out for a few years now and after as many finishes as this guy has had in a row, he deserves a fight like this next.

Dude is a killer, Robbie is obviously a killer and with Robbie healthy and looking to get rebooked after Woodley fell out, I see no reason not to make this fight ASAP. Luque is coming off another quick knockout win and for an opportunity like this, I'm sure he'd be ready for a quick turnaround.

This fight could easily headline, but I say since Ngannou/JDS got moved, throw this on UFC 239 to solidify the International Fight Week PPV main card.

What do you guys think?

Yeah could be super good. Hope Robbie isn't shot.

Yeah, I know Robbie only wants Woodley and Askren rematches, but this is the fight the makes the most sense to do next tbh. Luque has been absolutely lights out for a few years now and after as many finishes as this guy has had in a row, he deserves a fight like this next.

Dude is a killer, Robbie is obviously a killer and with Robbie healthy and looking to get rebooked after Woodley fell out, I see no reason not to make this fight ASAP. Luque is coming off another quick knockout win and for an opportunity like this, I'm sure he'd be ready for a quick turnaround.

This fight could easily headline, but I say since Ngannou/JDS got moved, throw this on UFC 239 to solidify the International Fight Week PPV main card.

What do you guys think?

Come on dude this makes no fucking sense. Lawler turned down multiple top fighters with big names for the Minnesota card but all of the sudden hes going to agree to fight Luque. Why exactly?

Come on dude this makes no fucking sense. Lawler turned down multiple top fighters with big names for the Minnesota card but all of the sudden hes going to agree to fight Luque. Why exactly?
I never said Robbie was going to accept the fight, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t happen. I even prefaced it by saying I’m fully aware Robbie is only after certain fights. This is purely for discussion my man.

i think a fight with edwards or ponzi makes more sense for robbie.

luque shouldnt get the robbie fight above those guys

i think a fight with edwards or ponzi makes more sense for robbie.

luque shouldnt get the robbie fight above those guys
I like those matchups too. Especially the Ponzi fight. Sounds like the ufc has a vendetta against Ponzi for turning down the Till fight though. RDA originally wanted Ponzi but the ufc said no because they didn’t want to give him a top 5 guy after turning down Till.

What do you guys think?
I think Ponz , Elizeu and Edwards all deserve the Robbie fight more than Vicente but i have no problem with that fight being made since it would certainly be a great fight.

Wow I honestly have no fucking idea who wins if that fight happens. All I know is that it'll be glorious, maybe FOTY.

Fail thread. Robbie wins via, who the fuck is Vicente Luque?!

I like those matchups too. Especially the Ponzi fight. Sounds like the ufc has a vendetta against Ponzi for turning down the Till fight though. RDA originally wanted Ponzi but the ufc said no because they didn’t want to give him a top 5 guy after turning down Till.
yeah i remember that. the guy has won 7 in a row, so its like they figured they gave him a shot to have a big rankings jump and get till but it was on short notice, though. seems kinda harsh.

its ridiculous in general that the guys are winning 7 fights in a row these days and still arent even ranked. they need to figure out how to streamline things because its getting ridiculous. guys need to start being more active that are higher ranked or gradually lose their spots, and im sure theirs other things ufc can do. guys are being too damn nitpicky trying to hold their spot as well.

Fail thread. Robbie wins via, who the fuck is Vicente Luque?!
He's 9-2 in the UFC and currently on a 5 win streak, all of them being finishes. One of his wins is a FOTY contender.

Watch his fights, seriously. Luque is a fucking legit opponent for Lawler.

I disagree. Robbie absolutely doesn't deserve a step down after the Askren fight and has proven to still be very much alive as a contender. Luque deserves a marginal step up... but someone like Neil Magny would be a completely acceptable challenge for him at this point.

Also, I strongly disagree that this fight could headline a fight night even in the ridiculously watered down 2019 era. Luque is not even close to a marginal household name... yet

I'm all for up and comers going against veterans but seriously who the fuck is that? I watch almost every card. C'mon Robbie deserves better. Rebook tyron or schedule ponzi, setting him up against someone who literally has zero name value is shit regardless of how good they might actually be

I agree. UFC keeps bullshittin Luque. He's on what like a 8 fight win streak now? Casual noob commenters above me don't know who anyone is.

I can't believe people still don't know who Luque is. The man is as legit as they come and should be a favourite over this version of Lawler.

Back