Robbie Lawler vs. Vicente Luque is the Perfect Fight to Make Right Now

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Would love to see the fight, but I doubt the UFC makes it. Hate Lawler's mindset of Askren/Woodley or no one.

Luque called out Ponzi to headline the Uruguay card in August. Hate seeing these two kill their momentum against one another though.

I'm biased. I want Robbie Lawler in a winnable fight. I'd prefer to give him Demian Maia since those two are vets who have somehow not fought each other yet.
Vicente Luque can still fight and beat Neil Magny.

I would pick Luque.

I dont think Lawler is a top tier fighter anymore. He is dangerous for anyone but he is 1-3 in his last 4 and could easily be like 1-6 (SD robbery to Condit, losing the fight against Rory and getting the TKO in the 5th, SD to Hendricks).

Sadly these established guys don´t give opportunities to the up and comers so they create the false illution that they are still at the top.
Dos Santos, Ponzinibbio, Luque, Edwards... all of them are on ridiculous streaks and can´t get a fucking fight.

Robbie would KO him stiff. Luque has a suspect chin. Would rather see EDS vs Lawler

On paper this looks like a great fight to make, Robbie has the name but is 1-3 while Luque is on a good streak 5 in row.....#10 vs #15. And style wise it would be a great fight.

But from Robbie's perspective it doesn't make much sense. Even though he's 1-3 he still had the Woodley fight which is a high rank and a marquee name. Doesn't make sense to drop down, it's a huge risk to fight Luque. Robbie can very easily get right back into title contention by beating a marquee name. He loses to Luque, and then he's in the lower rankings.

Woah, what the fuck. Since when was Lawler at HK365? I had no idea.
Remember when Joanna was crying about her coach leaving ATT? That's because he left to follow Robbie to HK 365. So pretty much since then.

Remember when Joanna was crying about her coach leaving ATT? That's because he left to follow Robbie to HK 365. So pretty much since then.
Don’t remember that either actually. That’s cool though. Hard Knocks looks like an awesome gym. ATT is getting a bit too crowded for some fighters most likely.

Don’t remember that either actually. That’s cool though. Hard Knocks looks like an awesome gym. ATT is getting a bit too crowded for some fighters most likely.
Weasel weaseling:

No doubt, and WW was always one of the gyms stacked divisions. At one point they had Robbie, Hector, Alves, Woodley, Masvidal, Colby, I'm sure I'm missing someone.

Last edited:
I agree, it would be a great fight

Back