Robbie Lawler says the hardest he's ever been hit in a fight was by...

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Asked yesterday on UFC Tonight. he said..

Falaniko Vitale

said the hardest he was ever hit in sparring was by Drew McFedries and it had him messed up for a while.

Not the answers i would have expected but cool to hear.

Melvin Manhoef probably kicked him the hardest.

I dunno, Drew Mcfedries landed some big shots on people so Im not really surprised.

Yeah I knew about Drew. People at MFS were afraid to spar the guy.

In b4 Nick Diaz gif

I dunno, Drew Mcfedries landed some big shots on people so Im not really surprised.

Yeah. The other one surprised me. I've heard lots of guys say McFedries hits like a tank.

That Shot Nick Diaz dropped him with looked like Nick barely swung then Robbie drops flat on his face, I mean face first

Wait til his mcbudda Conor lands a left on that noggin robbie

I remember an article on Sherdog mentioning a mcfedries vs a silva fight lol

No wonder he doesn't spar anymore. Mcfedries hits like a truck.

Before Diaz fans come in, it is possible to have been hit harder by a punch that didn't knock you out. All about timing and placement.

drew-mcfedries_jordan-radev.gif

Asked yesterday on UFC Tonight. he said..

Falaniko Vitale

said the hardest he was ever hit in sparring was by Drew McFedries and it had him messed up for a while.

Not the answers i would have expected but cool to hear.

That's because Drew hits like a Mac truck. If it affected Robbie like that, then you know it really hurts other people. It's just that Drew has a hard time implementing his talent in a high level fight.

Thanks for the information.
Always good stuff from you and the work you put in at fights is always appreciated.

I think the Diaz punch just surprised him. He didn't see it coming and was moving right into it. It's pretty clear it was not a hard thrown punch and Diaz has not displayed KO power in any other fight pretty much. It was just the timing, the momentum of Lawler moving forward, Lawler not bracing for it, and the placement of the strike.

Back