Robbie Lawler says the hardest he's ever been hit in a fight was by...

I do not find this surprising in the least.

Wow. People that were around when McFredries was on the roster knew he had big time punching power, just not an elite MMA fighter. His answer of Vitale surprised me, I would a bet big on Manhoef.

Not to get off topic, but Martin Kampmann vs Drew Mcfedries was one of my favorite fights. On topic, I thought he would have said Manhoeff

Drew Mcfederies might be the pound for pound hardest puncher there has ever been in MMA...he had bricks for hands.

Yeah Drew had some serious KO power and his hands were fast too. his submission defense and chin were not so good so didnt ever make it to the top in UFC.

Asked yesterday on UFC Tonight. he said..

Falaniko Vitale

said the hardest he was ever hit in sparring was by Drew McFedries and it had him messed up for a while.

Not the answers i would have expected but cool to hear.
Im always surprised when fighters answer this because they always pick a guy that they beat. I be like really the guy you ko hit harder than the dude that ko you really.

Last edited by a moderator:
McFedries was the ultimate prototype of a "glass canon" type of fighter..
Huge power but weak chin...

He said drew in prahe said hardest hit in a fight he got hit was falaniko vitale practice was drew mcfedries

I think the Diaz punch just surprised him. He didn't see it coming and was moving right into it. It's pretty clear it was not a hard thrown punch and Diaz has not displayed KO power in any other fight pretty much. It was just the timing, the momentum of Lawler moving forward, Lawler not bracing for it, and the placement of the strike.
He also had been rocked the previous round so there may have been some cumulative damage as well. But yeah, the placement in particular and then the other things you said as well.

drew-mcfedries_jordan-radev.gif

On my cell, but that looks like Yamasaki taking a little siesta over there, gat damn dude

In b4 Nick Diaz gif

Yeah, somebody will probably post it but the truth is, Nick didn't really even hit him that hard. The shot that he KO'd him with wasn't even that powerful, just that Lawler didn't see it coming, walked right into it with his hands down and it was perfect placement from Nick. Proof that it doesn't take very much to KO somebody, no matter how great their chin is - a well timed shot with perfect placement can put down anybody, especially if they don't see it coming. Conor/Aldo is another perfect example.

No surprise with Drew McFedries, that guy hit like a truck

I was expecting Scott Smith when I saw the title, kind of surprised.

Asked yesterday on UFC Tonight. he said..

Falaniko Vitale

said the hardest he was ever hit in sparring was by Drew McFedries and it had him messed up for a while.

Not the answers i would have expected but cool to hear.
I wonder if Lawler started his sparring less approach after the Mcfedries hit?

I was expecting Scott Smith when I saw the title, kind of surprised.

DC brought up the Scott Smith fight and Strikeforce fights in general and Robbie just said he did a good job rolling with the punches in those fights. So (Paraphrasing now, since i deleted it off my dvr) that even though they looked hard the way he was rolling took a lot off of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back