Robbie Lawler says Anderson Silva is the GOAT

Sponge Bob???? Seriously???? Don't make me take my belt off Junior! Go brush your teeth and go to bed! It's past your bed time!
Can’t a guy have some good beer & be a child every once in awhile? I like sponge bob btw

Yep! Spider was my favorite it was like goddamn Christmas when he fought.

Hey buddy when you are done wiping GSP's cumshot out of your eyes, go look at GSP's opponents and then apologize! Yes it matters if you finish your opponent! It's a fight!!! Every one of his opponents had serious weaknesses and he was able to exploit them. Most of his opponents were smaller than him that were wrestlers and he was able to out wrestle them. Then there was a couple like Hughes, Koschek & Fitch who were great wrestlers so he jabbed and superman punched his way to boring decisions. The only real striker he faced was Condit who was a horrible wrestler! He also outstruck Jake Shields who couldn't stop a scrub on Bully Beatdown! He was also afraid of Anderson so you should show him a little bit more respect!
How many of GSP's opponents competed as MWs? How many of Anderson's competed at WW? GSP would easily beat Anderson the way Chael dominated him for 4 1/2 rounds only instead of getting subbed like Sonnen he GnP's him for the TKO. If Anderson isn't roiding GSP takes him out faster than Ryo Chonan.

The only people that think GSP is a goat are Canadians. He's not even WW goat. Matt Hughes is!!! Hughes demolished his opponents and finished them!!! GSP is nothing more than a great wrestler. If Hughes stopped fighting at the same age as GSP their records would be very comparable with the exception of finishes where Matt would have 3x the stoppages! GSP was in the next generation of fighters and while he was very talented and well rounded he was to afraid to use those talents! He fought mostly the earlier generation guys that were past their prime or much smaller than him. He never really fought a well rounded fighter that could compete today! Extremely overrated and boring. He should've just been a wrestler. If your criteria for goat is who would win a fight if you lock everyone in their primes? He can't be goat as he would get destroyed by today's well rounded fighter! If your criteria is who dominated their opposition? Then he can't be goat because he couldn't finish anyone!!! He had to cheat to beat BJ a guy much smaller than him! If your goat criteria is about excitement, heart and determination? He can't be goat as the guy quit in both of his losses. He tapped to strikes to a lightweight in his prime! The bottom line is he CAN'T be the goat! He may be the goat wrestler, game planner but that's it!
Haha. So stupid I stopped reading at the first sentence.

it is fact that if you go to the technical ranking sites that use no opinion GSP is GOAT. It is fact that if you google and read all the MMA sports analysts and pundits GSP is named GOAT more than any. It is fact that in poll after poll on this site and other MMA sites, GSP is GOAT.

It is fact that only a small subset of haters say 'ignore all that, we know better'. and they are idiots.

Oh and welcome back Toner. Your next ban is awaiting.

Jones is shit. and is bigger longer and stronger than everyone he fights. Sandbagging bullshit. Guy is a fucking bore.
Longer yeah but is he really "bigger and stronger" than everyone?

Taking into consideration of course that height isn't the be all end all when it comes to being "bigger" or he's also way bigger than a guy like Mark Hunt, lol.

While he has proven to be great at understanding and optimizing his leverage ( the single most important aspect of grappling) has really shown anything that would make me think "damn, it's painfully obvious he is just way to strong for this guy".

Anderson doesn't have an offensive guard. I think that makes the difference.

You must be kidding right? His greatest win was a submission from his back after cutting Sonnen with elbows for most of the fight

I don't think either is the GOAT btw

Shame a guy that seemed to have unlimited talent & physical tools resorted to PEDs & cruising in fights.

It was necessary, everybody was using before usada, but the thing is most of his opponents failed even those lame ped tests and Anderson didn't.

I dont think a guy with double digit losses can be GOAT.
Anyways Silva destroyed his legacy by testing twice positive for PEDs and he will go down in history as one of the biggest cheaters if not the biggest in MMA alongside Jon Jones.
GSP fans are so easy to spot.

E4L0469.jpg

Lawler knows what he's talking about. Silva is the undisputed GOAT. Jones will surpass him when it's all said and done but nobody will ever reach the kind of magical run that Silva had.

Take enough dope and anyone can be considered goat.

Goat title should only be reserved for natty fighters like gsp. Fedor. Aldo.

GOAT topics are for fools living in a fantasy world. The greatest across all divisions is silly. There are many great fighters/champions.

I'd agree with Robbie about Silva's fluidly and crafty stand up skills. But it comes at no surprise that hardcore strikers tend to pick/favor stand up fighters more and likewise with wrestlers.

Silva is a strong candidate...

I go with Fedor.

i don't think there was a better fighter out there than the fedor that fought crocop. maybe the cain that destroyed jds twice.

Back