Robbie Lawler says Anderson Silva is the GOAT

The PEDs ruin it for me but I would be dumb to say that he isn't in the discussion.

It’s either Anderson or fedor

Anderson was probably more dominant during his ufc run, while fedor was dominant from the start n didn’t lose in like 10 years

Also his biggest rival/opponent (big nog) is easily the best win outta all top wins out there.

Big nog himself was both ufc n pride champ n had like dozen top 10 wins

N fedor beat him twice in his prime
No fighter has many more Top 5 and wins against UFC champions than GSP. His resume is stellar and second to none.
GSP is the GOAT of MMA as much as his deluded braindead haters want to deny it.

Why, because he subbed Chael? Chael and triangles are best friends.

in the very same fight he didn't attempt shit from his back for 4 straight rounds. He never did in his career. No sweeps no sub attempts.
<LikeReally5><TrumpWrong1>
Swept and submitted Travis Lutter, a high level black belt and decorated grappler.

Sonnen was a wrestler. Anderson used an offensive guard to batter him and submit him. Way to change goal posts. You said he had no offensive guard.

Let me guess the Lutter example isn’t legit either.

07-Anderson-Silva-vs-Travis-Lutter.gif
fDj0lwvUhBasd2BDqfvFnfvAJLDY0otcXgsqW3PkAFnB8yu6iQwjCnjQVlnF4Hj7I7vtOrkbOkzX5LvGVW412GQIQQHHUbRZR6ENIX4IkXxWn33uEkx00LHsIInx-NwPx1H9Rs4

<LikeReally5><TrumpWrong1>
Swept and submitted Travis Lutter, a high level black belt and decorated grappler.

Sonnen was a wrestler. Anderson used an offensive guard to batter him and submit him. Way to change goal posts. You said he had no offensive guard.

Let me guess the Lutter example isn’t legit either.

07-Anderson-Silva-vs-Travis-Lutter.gif
fDj0lwvUhBasd2BDqfvFnfvAJLDY0otcXgsqW3PkAFnB8yu6iQwjCnjQVlnF4Hj7I7vtOrkbOkzX5LvGVW412GQIQQHHUbRZR6ENIX4IkXxWn33uEkx00LHsIInx-NwPx1H9Rs4
LOL. Lutter literally just fell over with the most pathetic armbar attempt ever. He also had severe weight cut issues in that fight.

Anderson layed like a log against Chael almost the whole time like he does in every fight.

What the fuck is wrong with you people. i'm not trying to kick your fuckin dog i'm just saying an objective fact that Silva never had an active guard. Who cares I didn't say he's a bad fighter or something.

Don't think you know what move the goalposts means cause that didn't happen.

because he fought as defensively and scared as he did for the majority of his career, he shouldn't have had any losses lol.

Yeah because Anderson didn’t fight defensively and scared in his career.

Imagine having double digit losses. Can’t relate lol

Did that make him less dominant or less exciting?? Because majority of the argument against GSP was that he was boring, which is dumb.

At no point will you go into a mma class (or any discipline involved in mma) and they start teaching you "flashy" moves.

I dont know any GSP fan that will vote him as the most exciting fighter of all time or even have him in their top 10 list.

my criticism of gsp has always been that he stopped fighting for finishes, post-serra 1, yet he claimed that he did try finishing fights. it was blatantly clear to everyone his new risk-averse approach, yet his fanatics claimed otherwise. if he was honest about his decision to change the way he fought, then i'd be okay with it. i'm not okay with being lied to. and then he went on making excuses for why he couldn't fight anderson, and he allowed that to drag on, and then it never happened. but i'm now getting off course haha.

basically, i think HOW YOU WIN is just as important as simply winning. this isn't putting balls in baskets, or catching a football. it's about two men fighting. getting a knockout is harder than winning by decision. some may disagree, but i don't, because you have to be willing to get knocked out, in order to get a knockout. choosing to fight safely and risk-averse is easier than putting it on the line for the absolute greatest thing you can do in a fight, which is putting your opponent to sleep or making him say mercy via tapping.

please let this post answer whatever other posts were directed at me haha.

because he fought as defensively and scared as he did for the majority of his career, he shouldn't have had any losses lol.
Obviously a finish is ideal. I believe we can all agree on that. I’ve noticed as the competition improved both GSP and Jones began getting more decision victories. Andy simply started losing.
So even though the finish should be the desired result, at no point should losing be the alternative if that goal can’t be reached. This isn’t called being “scared”, it’s called fighting intelligently. Far as I know the goal above all else in most athletic competitions is to win. And GSP did that better than almost anyone in mma history.

Then who is?

Shields, Fitch and every 170 champ since except Serra, Condit and Colby. Hughes shouldn't be above guys for winning the belt in an easier era when those guys fought better but didn't. We don't apply that logic with Frank Shamrock, Tito or BJ Penn(well some do with this one) we shouldn't be applying it to Hughes. Fitch and Shields didn't get UFC straps but save the fact Hughes beat baby GSP(and every 170 champ since would have probably beaten GSP, Hendricks was the worst of them by far) there's really nothing that stands out in terms of greatness. He had 2 super exciting finishes in a division known for being boring but again the opponents, Trigg and Newton.

my criticism of gsp has always been that he stopped fighting for finishes, post-serra 1, yet he claimed that he did try finishing fights. it was blatantly clear to everyone his new risk-averse approach, yet his fanatics claimed otherwise. if he was honest about his decision to change the way he fought, then i'd be okay with it. i'm not okay with being lied to. and then he went on making excuses for why he couldn't fight anderson, and he allowed that to drag on, and then it never happened. but i'm now getting off course haha.

basically, i think HOW YOU WIN is just as important as simply winning. this isn't putting balls in baskets, or catching a football. it's about two men fighting. getting a knockout is harder than winning by decision. some may disagree, but i don't, because you have to be willing to get knocked out, in order to get a knockout. choosing to fight safely and risk-averse is easier than putting it on the line for the absolute greatest thing you can do in a fight, which is putting your opponent to sleep or making him say mercy via tapping.

please let this post answer whatever other posts were directed at me haha.
This guy MMA's.

Quality not quantity. I don't want to see a match I want to see a fight. Want to see as much skill as possible. Want to see martial arts skill. Which wasn't GSP having a decision every fuckin fight taking no risks. and how do you not finish that armbar against hardy...

Funny because he destroyed Bisping. He obviously could have done it and took risks and been successful. Hughes vs GSP 2 I'd say is the biggest fight in ufc history.

He needed 4.5 round to submit a guy who' has been submitted 7 times in the past.
And he pulled it off and won the fight with a cracked rib. Why are you criticizing him for that?

Stating a fact is apparently not allowed with @Jopo and @rushbeg in this thread, so I'll see myself out

I guess the Lutter fight didn't happen
Who the fuck cares about Travis Lutter and literally falling over like a clear belt when going for an armbar. I'm sure even he'd say the same shit that it was a terrible armbar attempt. He put himself on his back.

I guess the Lutter fight didn't happen

<36>
Silva had double knee surgery weeks before the Lutter and he still submitted the dangerous BJJ black belt in less than 2 rounds.

Should have been his record 11th title defense. Most fighters would not have taken that fight so soon after surgery.

Who the fuck cares about Travis Lutter and literally falling over like a clear belt when going for an armbar. I'm sure even he'd say the same shit that it was a terrible armbar attempt. He put himself on his back.
You said his guard was bad. I provided examples of why you're wrong. Don't go moving the goalposts now

And he pulled it off and won the fight with a cracked rib. Why are you criticizing him for that?

Stating a fact is apparently not allowed with @Jopo and @rushbeg in this thread, so I'll see myself out
The conversation was about Silvas full career and how active his guard was.

I can catch people in a triangle too doesn't mean my guard is good. it isn't. but i've caught dozens of triangles.

youre the one who doesnt like facts. take your ball and go home if you want.

Silva had double knee surgery weeks before the Lutter and he still submitted the dangerous BJJ black belt in less than 2 rounds.

Should have been his record 11th title defense. Most fighters would not have taken that fight so soon after surgery.
The guy is just mad because he's wrong and can't deal with it

No fighter has many more Top 5 and wins against UFC champions than GSP. His resume is stellar and second to none.
GSP is the GOAT of MMA as much as his deluded braindead haters want to deny it.

Gsp resume looks good on paper, but the reality is it’s the most overrated resume outta all the goat candidates

It’s mostly one dimensional fighters n natural lw.

Also majority of those “top 5” win were just ranked that high before gsp fight n then became sub .500 fighters.

Dan hardy was ranked top 5 n for what? Beating Marcus Davis n mike swick?

That’s what it took to be ranked top 5 n fighting for ufc ww title?

Also Matt Serra was a reality tv contest winner n ranked no.1 ww.

The only reason he was ranked no.1 is cause gsp choked in his 1st title defence.

Now you really think beating no.1 10-5 Matt Serra with 1 top 10 win (gsp) is the same as beating no.1 19-1 big nog with many top 10 wins?

Only a delusional nuthugger would think so

N I have a feeling I know which way you lean

Back