Road to UFC Discussion

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Degenerate in me has action on nearly all the fights.

Of all the big dogs I'm liking Priya Sharma and Yibugele the most.

Managed to get Shohei Nose at +150. He looked amazing his last fight in Rizin. Kyu Sung Kim at +160 also struck me as off.

Degenerate in me has action on nearly all the fights.

Of all the big dogs I'm liking Priya Sharma

Priya is serviceable everywhere but is going up against a significantly more athletic and younger opponent who is better everywhere imo. Her opponent's only weakness is she tends to gas mid 2nd round.

Priya's chin appeared to be giving out in her last fight. She got dropped once, nearly was dropped on a second occasion as well, by a 39 year old opponent. I think she gets knocked out in the first round.

I capped Shohei's fight at 50/50 so +150 is a good line on him.

Jun Young Hong is a decent good dog imo since Shin doesn't do much damage, and we have seen Hong get taken down 10+ times and still do enough damage to go to split decision, but I am holding out for +400.

I also like Ren Ozaki as a dog. The kid is clearly a great athlete and has way more explosive power than his opponent. We saw how Daermisi quit once he got tired in his last RTUFC fight so I wouldnt be surprised to see him do the same after getting cracked by Ren. It could be a levels fight but it is no worse than 50/50 imo so getting nearly +200 on Ren is a great price.

Priya is serviceable everywhere but is going up against a significantly more athletic and younger opponent who is better everywhere imo. Her opponent's only weakness is she tends to gas mid 2nd round.

Priya's chin appeared to be giving out in her last fight. She got dropped once, nearly was dropped on a second occasion as well, by a 39 year old opponent. I think she gets knocked out in the first round.

I capped Shohei's fight at 50/50 so +150 is a good line on him.

Jun Young Hong is a decent good dog imo since Shin doesn't do much damage, and we have seen Hong get taken down 10+ times and still do enough damage to go to split decision, but I am holding out for +400.

I also like Ren Ozaki as a dog. The kid is clearly a great athlete and has way more explosive power than his opponent. We saw how Daermisi quit once he got tired in his last RTUFC fight so I wouldnt be surprised to see him do the same after getting cracked by Ren. It could be a levels fight but it is no worse than 50/50 imo so getting nearly +200 on Ren is a great price.
Feel like Kyriacou is getting disrespected and that this should probably be even. I already played Yan at -150.

Feel like Kyriacou is getting disrespected and that this should probably be even. I already played Yan at -150.

Kyriacou is serviceable everywhere, kind of like Priya, but not particularly good anywhere nor dangerous. I think Yan is the side in this fight due to her finishing ability, grappling, and what should be a decent edge in pure physicality. She also looked quite good against Karine Silva. I would play Yan up to -200.

Double team with my favorite Chinese girls, Dong and Wang
<{1-16}>

asian mma is super tricky.

When you look at these guys records , they have losses sometimes with guys that are 10-10 record. And you think they suck because of it, or they went to decision with a guy that is 4-5 and you think they must be bad for not finishing a guy like that, where in the US a good prospect always finishes a bum with 4-5 record.

But in asian mma, you have so many frequent fights that the guys with shitty records are actually solid and they just get matched so often and take L ,collect their money and move on to a next fight, next month.

This is why i faded road to ufc cards. If you bet on it, you better know these fighters and their past opponents and do long hours of taping . so much missing context when you see names you don't recognize.

asian mma is super tricky.

When you look at these guys records , they have losses sometimes with guys that are 10-10 record. And you think they suck because of it, or they went to decision with a guy that is 4-5 and you think they must be bad for not finishing a guy like that, where in the US a good prospect always finishes a bum with 4-5 record.

But in asian mma, you have so many frequent fights that the guys with shitty records are actually solid and they just get matched so often and take L ,collect their money and move on to a next fight, next month.

This is why i faded road to ufc cards. If you bet on it, you better know these fighters and their past opponents and do long hours of taping . so much missing context when you see names you don't recognize.
You can mostly Wiki cap to see padded records

You can mostly Wiki cap to see padded records

Yeah, you have to deep dive a bit more though. In China they'll put someone who's making their debut in with a 15-5 guy, but they then might go on to be alright.

Back