• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News RIZIN NYE: around 20 fights, more foreigners, 100% arena capacity, announcements in early Dec

Okay, he's DEFINITELY getting Rickson this time. Third time is a charm.

They're fairly matched up now that takada is purple belt and rickson has been demoted from red to purple by keenan. My jiujitsu teacher who used to coach vitor belfort says vitor would be purple in his assessment so let's throw him in there too. Mikuru Asakura is going to challenge the winner before he gets his brown belt.

So Tenshin's final RIZIN fight will be against Takanori Gomi with the same rules as the Kouzi/Gomi fight.

Sakakibara just spent 10 minutes throwing poor Nadaka under the bus for not taking the Tenshin fight lol Rizin CEO is really embracing Dana's style of promoting the right.

For people who don't know Nadaka is a rising star of this year in Muay Thai scene in Japan but he is much smaller than Tenshin and has not fought under kickboxing rule before. So it is kind of douchey of Sakakibara to try to bully him into getting knocked out by Tenshin.

There is a rumour on Twitter that Nadaka was offered 55 kg with no elbow rules (so he has close to zero chance to win). If anyone has time you can try to verify the tweets. We will probably know more about this failed match up in a few days.

Also, in exchange for taking this fight, Gomi will get a spot in the Takeru VS Tenshin undercard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rooting for Gomi but he probably has a good minute in him at this point in time. Also, if he were to win, it would take the luster off of the Takeru-Tenshin fight. He won’t win. Just saying.

Sakakibara just spent 10 minutes throwing poor Nadaka under the bus for not taking the Tenshin fight lol Rizin CEO is really embracing Dana's style of promoting the right.

For people who don't know Nadaka is a rising star of this year in Muay Thai scene in Japan but he is much smaller than Tenshin and has not fought under kickboxing rule before. So it is kind of douchey of Sakakibara to try to bully him into getting knocked out by Tenshin.

There is a rumour on Twitter that Nadaka was offered 55 kg with no elbow rules (so he has close to zero chance to win). If anyone has time you can try to verify the tweets. We will probably know more about this failed match up in a few days.

Also, in exchange for taking this fight, Gomi will get a spot in the Takeru VS Tenshin undercard.
Nadaka was calling out Tenshin all year when no one asked him to, and then balked when the actual opportunity came, RIZIN fed him 4 tomato cans to build up his brand, all on short notice as well

Struggle to really feel bad for him, this is how the game works, if he's not wise to it now thats on him and his team

Last edited:
rizin seems to be actively trying to get me to hate them.

oh, and fuck tenshin.

but i'm sure he'll break loma's record (lolz).

edit: and fuck kouzi, too. i'm actually surprised rizin's still promoting him after his tournament bullshit.

i miss the days when they at least pretended to market fights instead of a few specific fighters/gimmicks/bullshit.

rizin seems to be actively trying to get me to hate them.

oh, and fuck tenshin.

but i'm sure he'll break loma's record (lolz).

edit: and fuck kouzi, too. i'm actually surprised rizin's still promoting him after his tournament bullshit.

i miss the days when they at least pretended to market fights instead of a few specific fighters/gimmicks/bullshit.

They have to appeal to the japanese audiences cant blame them honestly, kakutougi boom is over
But yeah this next card is weak as fuck

They have to appeal to the japanese audiences cant blame them honestly, kakutougi boom is over
But yeah this next card is weak as fuck

i'm interested in the tourney, but probably not enough to stick around for the rest of the card. for the first time in ages (ever?), i'm debating just sitting the event out and watching some of the individual fights after it airs.

i'm interested in the tourney, but probably not enough to stick around for the rest of the card. for the first time in ages (ever?), i'm debating just sitting the event out and watching some of the individual fights after it airs.
I don't know, I think we'll all enjoy the card more than we think.

Hate it when an absolutely shot legend gets fed to a young fighter approaching their prime so not really happy with the Gomi fight, there's nothing enjoyable to me about watching one of the heroes of my formative years as a fan of the sport getting beaten up by a smaller kid who's about 400 times as fast as him. Gomi is more than likely going to look stupid.

Back