News RIZIN NYE: around 20 fights, more foreigners, 100% arena capacity, announcements in early Dec

How is their situation right now?
I remember in the NYE 2020 before the pandemic, it was really sad, they put a great show with RIZIN 20 and still couldn't get good results

even if they deliver Tenshin vs Tokeru on NYE its still won't be good enough for me

Hard to believe that Rizin started with a real bang around 2015 and now that we are apporaching RIZIN 2022 they are still talking about lower weight class GPs..kickboxers and boring youtube celebrities as their biggest attractions

I will watch/buy but they need to seriously improve on last year

even if they deliver Tenshin vs Tokeru on NYE its still won't be good enough for me

Hard to believe that Rizin started with a real bang around 2015 and now that we are apporaching RIZIN 2022 they are still talking about lower weight class GPs..kickboxers and boring youtube celebrities as their biggest attractions

They don’t care about weeaboo viewers with weird jmma fantasies of yesteryear. They’re too busy trying to make money from Japanese fans

They don’t care about weeaboo viewers with weird jmma fantasies of yesteryear. They’re too busy trying to make money from Japanese fans
Rizin will literally never have a huge fanbase in the West, the time change is just too much and you will never get a huge amount of people who are clamorring to stay up all night for a non-UFC event.

They really need to change up the English commentary, everytime I've convinced people to watch it with me they either complain about how unenthusiastic they are or to just mute it

ONE and not offering fights, name a better combo. Literally the only promotion that I constantly hear this about
I think it's money. The cards are full of Thai fighters local to the area. That's my theory. Bibiano and Aoki are probably 2 of the higher paid guys on their roster. The Thai guys are used to fighting for pennies and probably are getting more but it's still way less then their top MMA guys get.

Rizin makes money from Japanese fans not non-Japanese fans. Just be happy that some of their promos have English sub haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back