RIZIN, MMA, betting thread

sorry. i'm too emotionally invested in this one.

Yeah I'm also a big Kanehara guy and have been for a while. I was surprised the UFC let him go after how good of a fight he gave Michael McDonald. I just think he's in his 40's and Suzuki has stiffened Patricio, knocked out Karamov from his back and is improving fast as a guy fighting 4-5 times a year against decent comp at the moment. I worry whether Kanehara can get out of the way of the punches and I don't think he exactly had a granite chin in his prime, never mind as a 41 year old.

Of course Kanehara is still very tight on top so he might well get him down early in each round, keep position confidently and make me look stupid.

Yeah I'm also a big Kanehara guy and have been for a while. I was surprised the UFC let him go after how good of a fight he gave Michael McDonald. I just think he's in his 40's and Suzuki has stiffened Patricio, knocked out Karamov from his back and is improving fast as a guy fighting 4-5 times a year against decent comp at the moment. I worry whether Kanehara can get out of the way of the punches and I don't think he exactly had a granite chin in his prime, never mind as a 41 year old.

Of course Kanehara is still very tight on top so he might well get him down early in each round, keep position confidently and make me look stupid.
I feel like the odds reflect Erbst/Chihiro not happening. Chihiro got dominated.

I feel like the odds reflect Erbst/Chihiro not happening. Chihiro got dominated.

He did but during the last two years he's also beaten Patricio Pitbull, Vugar Karamov, Yoshiki Nakahara, Masazuki Imanari and Ren Hiramoto. I think he's the kind of guy who's constantly working to improve the holes in his game. Feels like he could be a future UFC ranked guy to me.

Took a small stab at Sora before bed. 275+ is crazy, all his last 3 losses were grapplers with 2 having good experience .

Nazimov wins aren't super high level, he's got fewer square ring fights compared to Sora(assuming he has any.)

Sora has upto about 14 subs if you count ameteur, never been finished and Nazimov has 2 sub losses.

Maybe Japanese judges can sway for their countrymen.

Back