News RIZIN 21 Mikuru Asakura vs Daniel Salas Set for February 22 2020 in Hamamatsu Arena

Kai and Mikuru meeting the mayor of Hamamatsu

Last edited:
Souza is grappling w a whole Japanese family

84733113_2549477691994731_3376659908945510400_o.jpg

From being hailed as the ressurection of PRIDE, to being worse than DREAM ever was.

I am curious how much money they gave Floyd for fighting in Rizin and if that has been the issue of this.

From being hailed as the ressurection of PRIDE, to being worse than DREAM ever was.

Some of you guys are insanely dramatic. Jesus. And the fact it's someone who is a 'fan' of JMMA makes it even more bizarre. This is nothing new. PRIDE also had smaller, more targeted shows. RIZIN is still a relatively new company, and they will still have 2-4 bigger mainline shows in 2020. This RIZIN 21 is them breaking into a new market in Japan, their home-region. They need to gradually do this to get bigger in the region and continue to grow in Japan - their most important market.

RIZIN FF 1, RIZIN GP 2017 Opening Round Pt. 2, RIZIN 10, RIZIN 12, RIZIN 18, RIZIN 19.

All of those shows were small-scale. This isn't new territory for RIZIN - let alone Japanese-based orgs. as a whole. They want to increase their ratings in Japan. To do this, they have to focus on growth in Japan. The people internationally who were planning to watch, will watch. Whether it be a loaded Saitama show or this RIZIN 21 card. They aren't trying to appeal to the international audience with this one, though they obviously welcome those of us will watch despite the more toned-down card.

Some of you guys are insanely dramatic. Jesus. And the fact it's someone who is a 'fan' of JMMA makes it even more bizarre. This is nothing new. PRIDE also had smaller, more targeted shows. RIZIN is still a relatively new company, and they will still have 2-4 bigger mainline shows in 2020. This RIZIN 21 is them breaking into a new market in Japan, their home-region. They need to gradually do this to get bigger in the region and continue to grow in Japan - their most important market.

RIZIN FF 1, RIZIN GP 2017 Opening Round Pt. 2, RIZIN 10, RIZIN 12, RIZIN 18, RIZIN 19.

All of those shows were small-scale. This isn't new territory for RIZIN - let alone Japanese-based orgs. as a whole. They want to increase their ratings in Japan. To do this, they have to focus on growth in Japan. The people internationally who were planning to watch, will watch. Whether it be a loaded Saitama show or this RIZIN 21 card. They aren't trying to appeal to the international audience with this one, though they obviously welcome those of us will watch despite the more toned-down card.
I don't think it's overdramatic to say that Rizin hasn't lived up to the hopes people had in the beginning. I never thought it would be the new PRIDE though, and am not surprised at the way things are going.

I still enjoy Rizin when I get a chance to watch though, I'm a fan of MMA from any country, it doesn't mean I have to be delusional.

I also don't think it's debatable that Dream was better.

Some of you guys are insanely dramatic. Jesus. And the fact it's someone who is a 'fan' of JMMA makes it even more bizarre.

i agree with the other guy. dream was WAY better, imo. i don't even think it's close.

Will this dogshit card air in america?

Rizin being difficult for no reason

Last edited by a moderator:

delete that last post Vulcan. and then delete every other post you’ve made.

I really want to support Rizin and Fite but I just can't bring myself to spend $27 on this wack card

Nope cunts waiting until the last minute to get a deal done

Isn't RIZIN great? the first 3 fights won't air outside Japan

{<doc}

ERAqUtGXUAAgwFF

Would have been nice to have the opening fights live. I personally don't care about the 5 kickboxing bouts at the bottom of the card. For me, the card starts from the Keramov/Aguon matchup.

Some more details about 1 vs 5 jiu jitsu match. It's a 10 minute exhibition and Satoshi Souza will have to submit all 5 opponents or he loses.

Last edited:
Back