News RIZIN 21 Mikuru Asakura vs Daniel Salas Set for February 22 2020 in Hamamatsu Arena

So far, it's on a par with Rizin 12 for the worst Rizin event. It's not the whole card though, 5 more fights remain to be added. The kickboxing part is really bad and makes the card look worse than it is. There are some good matchups - Henry/Kanehara, Inoue/Girdham, Keryamov/Aguon, Kintaro/Kato.

If they don’t have the extra $$$, keep doing 5-6 good shows a year and don’t burn $ with this weak card.

I don't believe they will burn money with this event. What Rizin does really well is to sell tickets. Mikuru Asakura is the only expensive fighter on this card. If Rizin sells 5-6k+ tickets for Rizin 21, the live gate will probably exceed the fighters salaries.

well they said 4 to 5 more fights, probably 3 more

Official poster

f87oo65xtbd41.jpg

So far, it's on a par with Rizin 12 for the worst Rizin event. It's not the whole card though, 5 more fights remain to be added. The kickboxing part is really bad and makes the card look worse than it is. There are some good matchups - Henry/Kanehara, Inoue/Girdham, Keryamov/Aguon, Kintaro/Kato.

This is just a small event i believe, the bigger one will come this spring

From being hailed as the ressurection of PRIDE, to being worse than DREAM ever was.

Peoples expectations here are way too high. Not every card can be a banger.
Rizin is looking for stability and at this moment a smaller card like this with Asakura headling could actually be a good thing for them.

Coming off the heels of the best JMMA event in over a decade to have their quickest event turnaround yet - you’d think fans would have more understanding

Peoples expectations here are way too high.
I really don't think so. This card just appears to be below many of our very forgiving standards.

Last edited:
Back