News RIZIN 21 Mikuru Asakura vs Daniel Salas Set for February 22 2020 in Hamamatsu Arena

I’m leaning towards not ordering. But maybe if on Saturday I find out that other Sherbro’s will. I may join anyway.

Last edited:
I think a lot of the disappointment with this one comes from the fact they've just come off of their best event, gained some momentum and a few new eyes, and followed up with this. Obviously they can't all be Saitama Super Arena level events but this card is still a little discouraging for those of us who want to see Rizin do well.

Fans outside of Japan probably make up a miniscule portion of Rizin's income but Rizin 20's rave reviews had a few new fans checking it out and liking it. This card could turn out to be great for all we know but on paper it's not really something you can turn to a new fan with and say "Hey, this next one is worth getting excited about, too." Seems like a missed opportunity from a western fan's perspective.

Maybe they should have a different naming format for these smaller shows, like PRIDE did with Bushido. It stops the brand of the main numbered events from being tarnished by weak looking in-between cards. Bushido even managed to become an attraction all of its own in time.

Isn't RIZIN great? the first 3 fights won't air outside Japan

{<doc}

ERAqUtGXUAAgwFF

Rizin kickboxing? No loss.

Maybe they should have a different naming format for these smaller shows, like PRIDE did with Bushido. It stops the brand of the main numbered events from being tarnished by weak looking in-between cards. Bushido even managed to become an attraction all of its own in time.

A February event is a big improvement over their usual April debut each year. Hopefully this event will establish some Japanese talent like Kintaro and Naoki Inoue for the BW Grand Prix.

upload_2020-2-18_18-27-24.png

I think a lot of the disappointment with this one comes from the fact they've just come off of their best event, gained some momentum and a few new eyes
Note that many disappointed in this forum will often overhype, spend $20, and then stay up till 5am watching even mediocre Rizin cards.

So if those same people are saying Rizin 21 looks like crap. You better believe it.

pre fight promo videos

Mikuru vs Salas

Kanehara vs Henry

Inoue vs Girdham

I haven't heard of more than half of the guys

of this highly stacked rizin card

You can tell even takara dgaf about the event he out here with sweats and some slip on shoes

Holy crap at Asakura vs Salas already having 1.5 million views. Are those cooked numbers like ONE?

It has over 3300 comments so I'd guess no. Before Rizin's YT channel to upload the fight, a random fan upload already had 700k views.

Mikuru Asakura became a massive star in Japan in a very short amount of time. Started a youtube channel about 8-9 months ago. Already has 900k subscribers and is constantly growing. Most watched video at 10M views. 2 other videos at over 9M. Total video views at 155M. On top of that, he has a subchannel with 163K subscribers and 17M total views. Bragged about doing $40k in his first month on youtube. Now he does over $100k monthly for sure. Drives a Bentley. Rizin's Fuji TV NYE broadcast had a peak viewership during his fight against John Macapa, not during Tenshin's fight as usual.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJZVj2iBrdvbNc416i0V-UA/featured

Rizin's Fuji TV NYE broadcast had a peak viewership during his fight against John Macapa, not during Tenshin's fight as usual.
That is shocking to hear.

Good for Mikuru. He's a great fighter. Though he's nowhere near Tenshin's level in terms of what a superstar looks like.

Last edited:
Kanehara announced his retirement from mma.
He should ve won vs Mcdonald and was a fun fighter. Deserves a shout out.

Holy crap at Asakura vs Salas already having 1.5 million views.
1.6 now. It's the most viewed video on the Rizin Channel.
Mikuru Asakura became a massive star in Japan in a very short amount of time.
That's interesting. I knew the Askakura Brothers were becoming famous, but I actually thought it was his brother Kai (The guy who flatlined Horiguchi) who was the reason. He's the one who headlined the NYE.

Do we know why they're getting these numbers? I know they were supposed to have been a bit street back in the day. I heard someone call them "The Japanese Diaz Brothers". Maybe that's the appeal? It can't seriously be because Asakura is a youtuber?

Kanehara announced his retirement from mma.
He should ve won vs Mcdonald and was a fun fighter. Deserves a shout out.
I'm still bitter about the Yahya fight. Kanehara outstruck him 136-26 and lost the decision.

imo it's one of the worst decisions in MMA history, because it stands for the proposition that hugging can outvalue damage.

when i have time i want to check out the BJJ match of the guy vs the team

no Seo Hee Ham = not that interested in the rest

Back