News Rizin 18 Aug. 18 Gucci Gang vs. Kia Asakura

new fights announced for 8/18

bantamweight: Kazuma Sone (23-18-1) vs Justin Scoggins (11-6)
atomweight: Ayaka Hamasaki (18-2) vs Suwanan Boonsorn "Amp the Rocket" (3-1)
bantamweight: Victor Henry (18-4) vs Trent Girdham (11-2)
strawweight: Haruo Ochi (19-7-2) vs Jared Brooks (14-2)

Really good fights!

Not sure about Hamasaki's opponent.

Erson Yamamoto was scheduled to fight Kazuma Sone. Any info on him? Is he out of the card?

Really good fights!

Erson Yamamoto was scheduled to fight Kazuma Sone. Any info on him? Is he out of the card?
Hamasaki's opponent is a good prospect, submitting previously unbeaten Loma Lookboonmee last year

She subbed Deep Jewels fighter Emi Sato, and Invicta fighter Loma Lookboonmee both in the first round, and had won the wpmf 100lbs muay thai title over Japanese fighter Ayaka Miyauchi "Littler Tiger" in 2014.

b661bb62-461a-48b8-8375-14c38f10056f-jpeg.620351

Damn, it kills me that Jarred Brooks can cut to freaking Strawweight. Yeah, I know that he did it before UFC as well
He's not the smallest Flyweight I've seen.

Such a stupid, health-sucking weight cut abuse...for what? I bet Rizin pays him not more than 20K...

Amp is too raw to be sent into slaughter against Hamazaki. Forget her muay thai accolades and how she sub fighters at the beginning of her career, she is "3-1" in mma.

I can't see how Amp could possibly win this fight. She is best at grappling and she has zero knockout power.

Why aren't Horiguchi and Hamasaki defending their titles despite fighting on the card?

Well,

Boom. Couldn’t have put it better myself. It’s stupid. Almost makes me wish the champs lose in order to make the promotion look even dumber.
The same applied for Horiguchi vs. Nguyen, but I thought that at least had the 'excuse' of maybe Nguyen couldn't make weight or something. Guess not. Now I REALLY don't get it.

It isn't like Rizin Championship fights are 5 rounds either.

Just the way JMMA promoters have worked. This way they could control who they want the title would pass to. Also, they do not sign most fighters to exclusive contract, so this makes sure their titles will remain in the organisation.

Just the way JMMA promoters have worked. This way they could control who they want the title would pass to. Also, they do not sign most fighters to exclusive contract, so this makes sure their titles will remain in the organisation.
Would Rizin have a problem with Kai Asakura as their champion though? He seems pretty committed to the promotion.

PRIDE did the exact same thing in the booking of their champions, its just Sakakibara's method and a promotional tool to add extra juice to a title fight when it actually does happen

It's going to be $23 according to fite. They are giving the $5 early bird credit right now, so order soon for the best value.

Back