• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Rittenhouse trial underway ***Verdict: Acquitted of all charges***

Did the evidence provided in Court proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Kyle R is Guilty of Murder

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AR is armalite rifle.
Illegally? Well apparrently not.
It was 100% illegal for a 17 year old!

Just cause a very questionable judge dismissed it an year later to focus on bigger more grave charges doesn’t make it legal. Maybe you should go handout some ARs to 16-17 year old Antifa instigators under the assumption it’s legal to have one underage cause in rittenhouse vs X the judge felt it’s not a charge.

Considering he killed white people I'm going to guess there will be no protesting.

Some people changed their minds and started taking Rittenhouse's side once they actually looked into things and realized Rittenhouse killed white people. I guess they just assumed he went to a "mostly peaceful" BLM rally with the intention to shoot and kill black people.

Self defence. He attempted to leave the area, and only opened fire when chased down and assaulted.

It was 100% illegal for a 17 year old!

Just cause a very questionable judge dismissed it an year later to focus on bigger more grave charges doesn’t make it legal. Maybe you should go handout some ARs to 16-17 year old Antifa instigators under the assumption it’s legal to have one underage cause in rittenhouse vs X the judge felt it’s not a charge.

From what i gathered about wisconsin state open carry is legal for a 17 year old provided the barrel length is good, not a shotgun or pistol, and not violating the hunting statutes of the state.

Another poster in here went over it in far more detail, i was originally on the fence with its wording until it was dissected and changed my mind.

Here it is.

QUOTE="jeremyemilio, post: 166651742, member: 147647"]Answering without animosity, but when you actually look at it closely, it feels like the law was actually written with the intent that fits the way the defense is interpreting it, which is to say that the right to open carry in Wisconsin is intentionally extended one year early to 17 year olds, but only as it applies to long guns.

Otherwise, the exception doesn't have a reason to exist.

If it was for hunting purposes, what would make it any different from the exception that already exists for 14 to 16 year olds with a hunting certificate? Why would you tack on a whole new exception only to say "Oh yeah... and 17 year olds can hunt, too?"

And besides that, it seems that anyone in Wisconsin who hunts needs a hunting certificate, but you don't need a certificate of any kind to open carry. So aside from the fact that open carry is a foreign (and even outrageous) concept in and of itself to a lot of us, there's really nothing so counterintuitive about the law as people seem to want to make it out to be. There's just a gradual extension of gun rights as the person gets older. It goes something like this:

Under 12: No dice. No guns. Period.

12-13: You can hunt, using a long gun, with a hunting certificate and parental supervision. Not eligible for open carry (other than for the aforementioned hunting purposes, within the aforementioned regulations). No hand guns. Not eligible for a concealed carry permit.

14-16: You can hunt, using a long gun, with a hunting certificate, but parental supervision no longer necessary. Not eligible for open carry (other than for the aforementioned hunting purposes, within the aforementioned regulations). No hand guns. Not eligible for a concealed carry permit.

17: You can hunt, using a long gun, with a hunting certificate and without parental supervision. You can also open carry, but only with a long gun (and not to hunt unless possessing the aforementioned hunting certificate). No hand guns. Not eligible for a concealed carry permit.

18+: You can hunt, using a long gun, with a hunting certificate. You can open carry with a long gun or a hand gun (but not to hunt unless possessing the aforementioned hunting certificate). Eligible for a concealed carry permit.

That doesn't seem like some weird outlier loophole that can't possibly be the intent behind the gun laws, to me. To the contrary it seems like a pretty logical progression.

And again, if you think this isn't what the long gun exception referencing 17 years olds is about, and that I must be reading it wrong, I'd like someone to explain to me what they think it IS about that would make it necessary beyond the hunting exceptions that already exist for 14-16 year olds.[/QUOTE]

man the arguments of the prosecution are retarded level.
"he says he exhausted all possibilities except lethal force. did he? he chose where to go, he's responsible"

what the fuck are you talking about

The pathetic "He shouldn't have been there in the first place, derp!" whining is the only thing Rittenhouse critics have and they keep going back to it as though that somehow justifies the three thugs threatening his life. Talk about victim blaming. Do these same people also tell women they shouldn't have worn such a revealing outfit after they are sexually assaulted?

He essentially did. Any perp trying to kill a cop now can not be shot. The cop must now fight the perp with his fists
<puh-lease75>

bc81d7ee144a2f96dae124846a9f0bae663544eb_00.gif

The pathetic "He shouldn't have been there in the first place, derp!" whining is the only thing Rittenhouse critics have and they keep going back to it as though that somehow justifies the three thugs threatening his life. Talk about victim blaming. Do these same people also tell women they shouldn't have worn such a revealing outfit after they are sexually assaulted?
Yes, they do...

Do these same people also tell women they shouldn't have worn such a revealing outfit after they are sexually assaulted?
well a couple of days back prosecution was saying kyle was entrapping and provoking the people that started fires by trying to put them out. so yeah. it's the "what was she wearing" argument.

Done. Although I had to shorten his last name to fit that character limit

Thanks bro. Now we'll see how the WR panel compares to the Jury panel, given the same set of evidence and instructions :)

Meanwhile the floundering of almost innumerable fallacies gets memory-holed faster than you can believe.
"HE CROSSED STATE LINES!!!!" Remember that one? From last week?

Back