Rios/Alvarado II March 16th

Maaaan just had it on free here in aus. even my non boxing mates rnd for a few beers were losing there sh.it. the angle that Rios head got on some of those uppercuts was insane! chin nearly torqued to where his ears should be!

Both fighters made weight and lol at Rios after the weigh in. He was talking so much smack to the fans.

I cancelled my subscription. I'm tempted to renew it for this, but I'm sick of all the top fights not being on sky anymore.

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael

"Purses for tonight's card at Las Vegas' Mandalay Bay: Rios $1.25M, Alvarado $625K, Crawford $125K, Prescott $50K #boxing"

Prescott getting ultimate fightin' money.

I am looking forward to this fight..

I think Alvarado has a chance to KO Rios this time.. then you have a trilogy !

I also think Alvarado has a shot, not enough to where I am going to place a wager on it, but a shot

anyone here giving Alvarado a shot?

The only way I can see him having a shot is if Rios hasn't trained properly and has conditioning problems, but I don't see that being as big of an issue for him as it was at 135lbs. Other than that, I don't see Alvarado having any more than a puncher's chance. The sort of tactics and style to beat Rios were displayed by Abril - and Alvarado can't fight like that, and even if he could he doesn't have the defensive skills to keep Rios from landing.

Yeah I just watched this fight again earlier today and there's definitely some things Alvarado can do to make his performance even better this time around but I don't think he has the mentality to pull them off in the midst of what's gonna be another firefight. He has the ability to box and move a little but he can't keep Rios off him and doesn't have the mentality to be conservative and disciplined in that regard.

If Rios closes the distance, Mike will fight with him. I just don't see him clinching, separating and keeping distance on a consistent basis. I think he tries to stick and move a little, especially early, but mostly we see both guys sit on the inside and trade and I think Alvarado gets the worst of it again. Rios is just a dog.

Rios was hurt multiple times against Alvarado. I'm not sure why no one gives him a shot here.

Yeah but Rios just seems to recover so well, there's very few if any guys at 140 who can stand toe to toe with Rios and get the better of him. Maybe Matthysse but that's it.

You gotta stink up the place like Abril or put on a stick and move clinic and herd him around the ring Sweet Pea style to beat him imo. Alvarado could hurt him but I don't see him finishing the job. Not trying to make him out to be some unbeatable killer but he's one of those dudes who I can't see losing a firefight with many people right now. I think Alvarado needs to box a lot to pull off the upset.

Yeah but Rios just seems to recover so well, there's very few if any guys at 140 who can stand toe to toe with Rios and get the better of him. Maybe Matthysse but that's it.

You gotta stink up the place like Abril or put on a stick and move clinic and herd him around the ring Sweet Pea style to beat him imo. Alvarado could hurt him but I don't see him finishing the job. Not trying to make him out to be some unbeatable killer but he's one of those dudes who I can't see losing a firefight with many people right now. I think Alvarado needs to box a lot to pull off the upset.

To be honest I can see Rios losing a firefight with either Matthyse or Maidana, but seeing as how they're not Top Rank promoted guys that's not going to be an issue for him. Ruslan could give him some problems too, but I'd favour Bam Bam there.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back