Rios/Alvarado II March 16th

Confucamus

Last of the V8s
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.boxingscene.com/rios-vs-alvarado-ii-talks-march-16th-staples--60658

Looks like this is next for Rios. Now, as a fan of exciting fights, this one I will definitely enjoy. But I honestly think they should hold off on it. Rios has earned a fight with either Pac or JMM. Alvarado needs to have another fight first IMO. Two losses in a row to the same guy could seriously derail your career. I don't see it being much different than the first.

These new guys don't give a shit about who they fight. Rios, Garcia, Lopez, Alvarado and others are just fighting for the hell of it. It's impressive.

Rios better stack that cash over the next 3-5 years because his style will not lead to a Bernard Hopkinsesque career. But shit it is going to be fun while it lasts.

Rios better stack that cash over the next 3-5 years because his style will not lead to a Bernard Hopkinsesque career. But shit it is going to be fun while it lasts.

lol, he'll be ok... He's a Margarito that can speak English well.. very marketable guy.

These new guys don't give a shit about who they fight. Rios, Garcia, Lopez, Alvarado and others are just fighting for the hell of it. It's impressive.

True words. Throw Matthyse and Maidana in that group too.

That guy was referring to the longevity of Rios's career, not his marketability.

yes, I understand that...

I was responding to the part where he said:

Rios better stack that cash over the next 3-5 years

due to his marketability, he should be ok, in terms of stacking cash over the next few years.

I can watch Mike get Knocked Out anyday of the week. So I am happy.

Last edited:
Their first fight is boxing 2012 FOTY so I'm looking forward to this fight again.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but this is a lame fight. We saw who won the first fight, and I don't see how it would ever change. Rios will just break him down and stop him again.

So many other new match ups I would rather see him in.

the first fight was over rated, rios was winning on all 3 cards. I dont care to see another.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but this is a lame fight. We saw who won the first fight, and I don't see how it would ever change. Rios will just break him down and stop him again.

I with you, mate.

What a waste. Top Rank's match makers are messing up. Didn't they learn from Pac v Marquez? This is a dangerous match-up for Rios. What does he gain from fighting Alvarado again? That was his last fight. Literally. He beat him decisively. If he beats him again it doesn't prove anything. He is in the same exact location.

Alvarado now has a 2nd shot at Rios. You don't want to give a good fighter like Alvarado another shot. Top Rank saw how well the first fight did and think this can make them money but it's just too dangerous. I wouldn't be surprised if Alvardo went in there and boxed a safe fight to a victory. Which would completely ruin Top Ranks next rising star.

Dumb move, dumb match up, dumb Top Rank

^ i'm with you. don't feel there's a need for an immediate rematch here especially with all of the other awesome fights in the division.

Its gonna be a great fight but they should fight someone else before a rematch

Lance Pugmire ‏@latimespugmire

"Bob Arum said he has finalized Brandon Rios-Mike Alvarado rematch for March 30 at Mandalay Bay. Story coming at http://latimes.com "

rios was winning on all 3 cards.

I don't think this is true. Alvarado was out landing Rios from what I saw. Maybe my perspective was skewed due to my expectations, but it looked to me that Alvarado was getting the better or him.

What a waste. Top Rank's match makers are messing up. Didn't they learn from Pac v Marquez? This is a dangerous match-up for Rios. What does he gain from fighting Alvarado again? That was his last fight. Literally. He beat him decisively. If he beats him again it doesn't prove anything. He is in the same exact location.

Alvarado now has a 2nd shot at Rios. You don't want to give a good fighter like Alvarado another shot. Top Rank saw how well the first fight did and think this can make them money but it's just too dangerous. I wouldn't be surprised if Alvardo went in there and boxed a safe fight to a victory. Which would completely ruin Top Ranks next rising star.

Dumb move, dumb match up, dumb Top Rank

Pretty much the stupidest thing i've read in weeks.

How someone can call themselves a boxing fan while complaining that a rising star is matched up against someone who has a chance to beat them is beyond me. It's people like YOU who ruin entire cards by matching champs with chumps to protect fighters. Rios doesn't walk around with the -what's in it for me- mentality that most other rising stars have.

Both fighters said that they thought the stoppage was early. Lots of fans felt the same way. It was a GREAT fight and possibly the fight of the year. I am glad they both have another chance to prove what they wanted to prove in the first fight. Even more glad that Rios has the balls to fight a tough opponent again instead of avoiding it like you'd prefer he do.

Back