Ringside Heritage 10oz Pro Fight Gloves

nomilkforsanta

Nathan
@Brown
Reaction score
Ringside Heritage 10oz Pro Fight Gloves

I was contacted by Ringside to review a pair of pro fight gloves from their new premium line. I will approach this very empirically and without bias.

Quality
The quality of these gloves is very impressive and rivals that found in Grant and Reyes.

Leather: The leather encasing the gloves is smooth, soft, and blemish free, however, the leather is thin. I am not a leather-smith so I do not know how this combination will affect the longevity of the gloves (i.e., very high quality and thin). The dark leather portions of the gloves are not sealed and will absorb moisture during training. This is actually a good thing because the leather will last longer if you follow proper maintenance protocols.

Stitching: The stitching on the gloves is almost perfect. There is not a single loose thread after a few weeks of hard use. The only real imperfect is on the Quick-Tie, one of the ten loops is offset.

Weight: I tested the weight of each gloves, without the laces, on digital scale. The left gloves weighted 10.3oz while the right weighted 10.35oz, making an average error of 3.25%.

Symmetry: The gloves are essentially mirror images of one another. This is the first pair of gloves that I can say this without embellishing.

Liner: The liner is sewed into the gloves with no baggy or bunchy areas, especially around the thumb and at fingers. On most gloves, there is a noticeable ridge of stitching on the supine (palm) side of the finger compartment, however, these gloves are smooth and have a leather-reinforced strip that runs along the finger tip area.

Drying: The gloves dry extremely fast.

Laces: The laces are the only part of the gloves that I found troublesome. The aglets (i.e., plastic ending caps) were not secure and the braded round laces frayed when my coach removed the tape after a session. I fixed this problem for $2.50 at Target by purchasing 72

GZqni.jpg

C9oT1.jpg

uk6fn.jpg

dwYV5.jpg

cRluW.jpg

BBnLs.jpg

(sweat drops on right corner)

great review! The stitching on the thumb doesnt look too neat

edit: actually looking at it this morning they still look beautiful gloves

Last edited:
Awesome review and pics mate! These look wicked.

Thanks for great review. The gloves look so sweet.
I have one question. I heard that you are not supposed to use 'fight gloves' on heavy bag as it will shorten the lifespan of the gloves. I heard that the one exception is the 'winning 10oz gloves'. can someone clarify this with me? i am in the market for small gloves for heavy bag work.

They've recommended these gloves for that very purpose in posts on this site, i.e. small sized lace-ups that will withstand bag use (undoubtedly theyd live longer if only fought in but so would Winnings). I've read people recommending the old Ringside contest gloves for bagwork as well.

JackJohnson -
I believe the price on the Heritage Pro Fights are going to be $149.99. This is the best pro fight ever produced so do your hands a favor and purchase these when they come out in February.

nomilkforsanta - Thanks for the review, keep us posted on the durability.

Respectfully,

Darrin Clauder

JackJohnson -
I believe the price on the Heritage Pro Fights are going to be $149.99. This is the best pro fight ever produced so do your hands a favor and purchase these when they come out in February.

nomilkforsanta - Thanks for the review, keep us posted on the durability.

Respectfully,

Darrin Clauder

Three quick questions:

1) Will the hand compartment have a noticeable change in size in the 8oz model? (thinking ahead for a valentines gift for my girlfriend :) )
2) Is the lace to velcro converts compatible with the Q-tie System?
3) Why do the heritage lack the segmented wrist support?

nomilkforsanta -
1. I would call the size difference minimal when going down to the 8 oz. Maybe 7 -10 % smaller.
2. No the Velcro glove converter is not compatible with the quick tie system.
3. No reason, I don't know of any pro fight gloves with a segmented wrist. I have seen this on several Mexican-style sparring gloves but we didn't even consider it was an option when our team built the prototypes.

Thanks,

Darrin Clauder

Update on durability and wear/tear? Also nomilk...have you used the standard imf pro fight and can you provide a "bang for your buck" if you seriously haf to pick between the 2 (10oz not 8). Cheers.

Also could you perhaps talk more in depth about how it stacks up to the other gloves you mentioned in your review i.e your grant and reyes? Thanks a lot! I hear these gloves are coming out may 14-16 so game on!

Thank you to mixedmajik for reminding me that I hadn't posted an image of the front of the Heritage PFG Creams. The Heritage PFGs and quick tie trainers will be landing on May 14th and should be available for purchase by the 16th.

2zpkpw7.jpg

Thanks to everyone, Darrin and myself are looking forward to your continual feedback in reguard to these gloves!

Nate

I know trust me...these are the..."cream" of the crop.... >.> <.< Yes I went there. Seriously beautiful gloves.

sorry if it has already been said, but how much are the heritage fight gloves? is there going to be an introductory price like the Mexican gloves you're about to release? Sherdog discount?

Sherdog discount?

Like how you added that at the end....like how you think :icon_chee

I think in another thread the original idea of 149.99 was being touted about...but that was very early on...hopefully its not that price since then winning gloves are only 50 bucks more and it might be hard to compete when you factor in shipping...because then the question becomes..."should i just pay the extra 40-50 for winning gloves?" instead of "should i buy the ringside heritage gloves?"...you know?

Back