Ride-on Mower Recommendation?

Just bought cub cadet 22hp xt1 last year for 2k with tax and i love it. I did alot of research and that was highest rated in my price range

Go to the dealership and get a zero turn John Deere.
A John Deere found anywhere else is not the same machine.
And I can not recommend a tractor style mower at all, nobody should be subjected to such inferior mowers.

My vote is Snapper. You'll like using it so much that you'll cut that grass for free.

9662-1532336916.jpg

I've had a Cub Cadet LTX 46" for a year now and it's been great. Used it yesterday for the first time since last summer. About to tune it up and keep it going strong. Probably need to get the blade sharpened sur to the amount of roots and rocks I've hit.

Not sure if this is a common feature, but I really enjoy being able to cut in reverse. And the hydrostatic transmission.

The mower is for an old man. I decided to take apart his old mower and look what I found....a mouse's nest made of grass and lint!

ZWhS7aG.jpg

After eliminating the nest, I found the damage:

YQTZH82.jpg

The mouse completely destroyed the pink wire to the carburetor. I think I'll re-wire it and I expect the engine will at least crank at that point.

The thick black cable is part of the ignition module leading to the spark plug. It survived and some electrical tape should patch it up.

Last edited:
Hello boys. I sincerely appreciate your recommendations. However, I will not be buying a mower.

The man's mower was in disrepair and he had no idea how to fix it. I removed the mouse's nest, replaced the wire to the carburetor with new insulated 20 A-maximum wire, replaced the magneto and gapped it appropriately, replaced the spark plug, replaced the 20 A fuse, drained the oil and replaced it with two quarts of 10W-30. We're up and running. Before use, I will gap the intake and exhaust valves in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications and apply silicone gasket maker to create a tight seal.

Back