Ride-on Mower Recommendation?

waiguoren

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Buying new, not used. Just cutting grass on a normal yard. Something in the 17.5 HP range, at least 42-inch. Willing to pay extra for something that will last.

@Oblivian get in here old guy, I am sure you will have good ideas.

Edit:

The mower is for an old man. I decided to take apart his old mower and look what I found....a mouse's nest made of grass and lint!

ZWhS7aG.jpg

After eliminating the nest, I found the damage:

YQTZH82.jpg

The top (red/pink) wire leads to the carburetor. The mouse completely destroyed it. I think I'll re-wire it and I expect the engine will at least crank at that point.

The thick black cable is part of the ignition module leading to the spark plug. It survived and some electrical tape should patch it up.

Edit 2:
Hello boys. I sincerely appreciate your recommendations. However, I will not be buying a mower.

The man's mower was is total disrepair and he had no idea how to fix it. I removed the mouse's nest, replaced the wire to the carburetor with new insulated 20 A-maximum wire, replaced the magneto and gapped it appropriately, replaced the spark plug, replaced the 20 A fuse, drained the oil and replaced it with two quarts of 10W-30. We're up and running. Before use, I will gap the intake and exhaust valves in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications and apply silicone gasket maker to create a tight seal.

Last edited:
<45>Bro who comes on a karate forum looking for tips to buy a ride on mower. I’m dead right now

My buddy just bought a gravely with a mulching kit. It’s way better than my craftsman. But your looking at around 3500-4000

Hope you don't mind the hijack i need to till an acre of land, to get ready for summer planting, any recommendation?

Nothing runs like a deer.....

john-deere-zero-turn-mowers-bg21129-64_1000.jpg

Seriously these are pretty cool. Not sure about your budget

Tell me about your Craftsman.

I’d like to hear this as well...
Tell me about getting on top, on a hot summer day that’s driving u crazy, sweat glistening mounting her, that ‘mower’ quivering to ridden by you, teasing that engine a lil bit before ...

U get it. I bet it’s a smooth ride and a nice trim.

Last edited:
Nothing runs like a deer.....

View attachment 561409

Seriously these are pretty cool. Not sure about your budget
Yeah they are great but I don't need anything that big. Just a small tractor. Some people are saying that the lower-end Deeres (like the E series) are using the same parts as competing brands but you pay extra for the name.

Yeah man, great products. Got the mower and they make deadly chainsaws

Spring of last year, had a Honda before that. Honda was good too but the ride is much better with this girl

My buddy just bought a gravely with a mulching kit. It’s way better than my craftsman. But your looking at around 3500-4000

Gravely’s are top notch machines. Had one when I was a kid ( in the 70’s), that bastard would cut whatever you could get under the deck of her.

Back