News Rico Verhoeven will play the lead role in Hollywood movie “Black Lotus”

Potential to be new generation “The Rock”?

• Total voters
Not a hollywood movie, it's some shitty foreign film.

Looks kinda like:

image_efeee89d.jpeg
One of my favorite movies. *thumbs up

He couldn't possibly do any worse than the Rock though, right?

Rock is a shocking actor.
Rock is actually a great actor for the type of roles he does. He was very typecasted at first doing the comedic action style similar to his WWE persona. Then he switched over into more serious action roles and didn't need the comedic, smiley face, and jokes filled dialogue to be included.

Rock is actually a great actor for the type of roles he does. He was very typecasted at first doing the comedic action style similar to his WWE persona. Then he switched over into more serious action roles and didn't need the comedic, smiley face, and jokes filled dialogue to be included.

Each to their own bro.

I liked him in Jumanji. That's honestly the only film I thought he did good in that I've seen. That San Andreas movie, his acting I thought was shite. Albeit, I watched it with my ex missus, she kept going on about it. Sat through that shite.

Then all the Fast and Furious shite, and Tooth Fairy, the Scorpion King, etc.

I do rate Dave Bautista though, he's a good actor.

I'm so sick of these fake tough guys in Hollywood
Well, Rico is the last man I know to be a fake tough guy. The guy is tough as nails.
One year ago Jamal Ben Saddik battered him very very badly and messed his face up to the point Rico could only use one eye, but he didn’t give up and ultimately finished JBS himself. I was there live and couldn’t believe what was happening. Those momentum switches… definitely one of the craziest fights I’ve ever seen.
Props to Rico for not giving up and showing the heart of a lion!

Watch that eye, it’s one bloody mess:

Full fight:

Fight highlights:

He plays the same character in every movie, not a great actor by any stretch. Some fun movies but I'm sick of seeing that character in family friendly adventures and hope he does something different soon.

That trailer has b movie level production value

Yeah no. The Rock was the most popular and charismatic guy in WWF/WWE when i watched it as a kid, and when he turned to movies he was already a huge star and a household name.

Rico is a kickboxer than nobody outside of kickboxing knows and he's... Rico. Have you ever heard Rico talk and wanted to hear him talk more? Cause i sure haven't.

Rico can fight, and will end up in B-movies and foreign films, but as for hollywood films he'd only ever be a bodyguard to a boss in a film where he barely talks.

I'm happy for him but let's not go overboard.

Yeah no. The Rock was the most popular and charismatic guy in WWF/WWE when i watched it as a kid, and when he turned to movies he was already a huge star and a household name.

Rico is a kickboxer than nobody outside of kickboxing knows and he's... Rico. Have you ever heard Rico talk and wanted to hear him talk more? Cause i sure haven't.

Rico can fight, and will end up in B-movies and foreign films, but as for hollywood films he'd only ever be a bodyguard to a boss in a film where he barely talks.

I'm happy for him but let's not go overboard.
Yeah Rico’s English has come a long way, but it’s getting better. Still needs a lot of work to be a force in big movies though. Here you see Rico speaking English very recently

I agree though, at times he sounds very very cringe while talking lol

Back