News Rico Verhoeven will play the lead role in Hollywood movie “Black Lotus”

Potential to be new generation “The Rock”?

• Total voters
Yeah Rico’s English has come a long way, but it’s getting better. Still needs a lot of work to be a force in big movies though. Here you see Rico speaking English very recently

I agree though, at times he sounds very very cringe while talking lol

It's not the level of English that's the issue, it's the charisma. He's a nice guy but you can't really say that he has the charisma of someone like the Rock, Van Dame or Schwarzenegger.

It's not the level of English that's the issue, it's the charisma. He's a nice guy but you can't really say that he has the charisma of someone like the Rock, Van Dame or Schwarzenegger.
I agree.
If you watch back the Badr - Rico press conference the difference in confident talk was clear.
Badr just straight up says what’s in his mind, with a lot of confidence (I enjoy the moments he speaks), while with Rico it often looks like he’s really been looking for the right words and therefore the things he says sometimes sound a bit “fake”, you know what I mean? Like Rico’s been overthinking his words too much before he actually talks, and when he talks he also tries to do that little bit “extra” that makes it sound kinda annoying.
This is also the opinion a lot of people here in the Netherlands share when they hear Rico talk.
Of course he’s a good person and that what I described certainly is not the case every time Rico speaks, but often when there’s a big camera hanging around it is lol.

Ya Rico always comes off forced when he would talk shit or try to hype up a fight. He's got that nice guy personality so it's hard to take serious. I can't imagine his dialog will be great, but he does have the look and physical ability to be a decent action star... in the 80's/90's. I'll give this movie a shot but expect it to be bad.

I agree.
If you watch back the Badr - Rico press conference the difference in confident talk was clear.
Badr just straight up says what’s in his mind, with a lot of confidence (I enjoy the moments he speaks), while with Rico it often looks like he’s really been looking for the right words and therefore the things he says sometimes sound a bit “fake”, you know what I mean? Like Rico’s been overthinking his words too much before he actually talks, and when he talks he also tries to do that little bit “extra” that makes it sound kinda annoying.
This is also the opinion a lot of people here in the Netherlands share when they hear Rico talk.
Of course he’s a good person and that what I described certainly is not the case every time Rico speaks, but often when there’s a big camera hanging around it is lol.
He's the same when he speaks in Dutch as well?
The trash talk with him and overeem at the end of collision was hilarious

I remember hearing that Semmy Schilt sounded dull in English but in Dutch he's quiet charismatic. I wondered if it was similar
Yeah with Rico it very much depends on what they’re talking about. If it’s just a casual conversation he’s very chill, but if someone asks him for example about his fighting preparations or goals in life/kickboxing, you better expect a very over the top answer in return lol

It actually looks interesting.
I wonder if he is going to Kickbox for long now that he is an actor
Looks like a solid action movie to me.
And yeah that’s the big question. Imo it’s heavily depending on the succes of Black Lotus and Rico’s potential “breakout” in the film industry.

Back