Rich guy hires homeless people to wait in line for iPhones

Hmmm, cash in hand payment?
Isn't that benefits fraud?
Are they declaring it on tax forms?

I don't see a problem here. As someone said earlier don't hate the player, hate the game.

what difference does it make if its 30 random people ahead of you, or 30 bums some dude paid?

dont hate the player, hate the game.

It's a big difference. Those 30 people in front of me deserve their phone since they got on line before me. I hate the scumbag reseller who is cheating to make extra cash causing real customers to not get a phone. It makes things worse when he gets busted and doesn't keep his part of the deal and doesn't pay the homeless.

Whatever, there's no way to argue this. You're on his side and I don't like scum like him. We obviously have different views and personalities. That's why you have to reserve electronics. There's too many people who buy electronics just to flip them for a quick buck.

As if the majority on here wouldn't do the same.

(That's being a bum & lining up)

Bums are stupid. I would have taken that guys offer up and then taken the $1000 for the phone and booked it. What is he gonna do, chase after me whilst all of the other bums in line do the runner as well? Even if I get caught I get a roof over my head and a hot meal for the night in county jail.

so wait.

they're actually earning the money, and people have a problem with it?

i have more of a problem with bums standing on the side of a road with a sign, and people just roll up and give them cash.

The only problem I have is that he's doing something that most companies forbid buying brand new items them in bulk, I give the guy credit for being creative but he's still a douche and I would have thrown a brick at his head for bragging about doing something like that.

Last edited:
I think the problem lies that there were only so many phones available and the store had a policy of "x" amount of phones per person. The bums technically weren't even purchasing the phones. There was no exchange of money from the bums to the store as it's obvious the guy didn't give the bums any money at all. From what it looks like, he was planning on cutting to the front with the bums and purchasing for all of them. If I were the store owner I would have told him to fuck off. It's bad for business when consumers get screwed over.

Bums are stupid. I would have taken that guys offer up and then taken the $1000 for the phone and booked it. What is he gonna do, chase after me whilst all of the other bums in line do the runner as well? Even if I get caught I get a roof over my head and a hot meal for the night in county jail.

That's was my initial thought as well. How did these homeless people buy the Iphone? There's no way this guy just gave them cash to buy the phone. I'll give you a few hundred bucks, you wait in line for hours, buy a phone with that few hundred bucks and in exchange, you'll get 40 bucks for it?

This guy must have accounted for that somehow, because that's just a disaster waiting to happen.

I think the problem lies that there were only so many phones available and the store had a policy of "x" amount of phones per person. The bums technically weren't even purchasing the phones. There was no exchange of money from the bums to the store as it's obvious the guy didn't give the bums any money at all. From what it looks like, he was planning on cutting to the front with the bums and purchasing for all of them. If I were the store owner I would have told him to fuck off. It's bad for business when consumers get screwed over.

That would make sense.

I don't see why people are making a huge stink out of or how people are profitting from reselling it. It's an iPhone, it's not like they're going to stop making them... and it's limited print. You might not be the first douche bag at your local Starbucks to have one, but fuck it's not worth paying an extra $200 to be that guy.

who the fuck wants a gold iphone? besides xerxes

Xerxes_South_Park.png

Poor people in line. Don't get their golden phones. How on Earth will they get attention now? Hard for me to feel sorry for this ridiculous materialism.

Back