Rhonda and her behavior

If Ronda can't, for whatever reason, return to what made her great, she will continue to get he ass kicked. She got where she was with judo and grappling, but somewhere along the way she was misled (or stubbornly refused advice) into exchanging strikes with better strikers.
She's lost her way. IF she can get back to her roots, and that's a big if, she might be able to regain her place, but anyone can see that striking against better strikers will never work for her.

What is with this ridiculous "Ronda strayed from what made her great" nonsense? She tried to clinch with Holm and Nunes and they just pushed her off and continued to kick her ass. Ronda even had Holm on the ground at one point and Holm survived and got back to her feet.

Ronda did not stray from grappling. She went up against women who had the ability to avoid Ronda's clinch and Ronda is too one-dimensional to properly set up the clinch with striking. If Ronda can't charge forward and bully her way into the clinch, then she loses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I truly, really, honestly can't understand how is that ANYONE ever who decides to enter a gym or a ring is unable to deal with defeat.

for a significant period of time, ronda was prime tyson and truly transcendental

on account of this, her natural mentality, being build up by coaches, the mainstream media and whorish mouth pieces like rogan and white

there existed a massive dissonance between ronda's idea of herself... and reality

that gap has now been closed resoundingly and i can only imagine how painful the reconciliation is

i dont think she is coming back again because she will always be chasing a dragon she will never catch

Ronda was never prime Tyson. It is ridiculous to compare her to any male athlete. She was a strong female grappler (who struggled to grapple with high school boys) with terrible striking skills fortunate to come into women's MMA at a time when it was still developing. The fact that women like Alexis Davis and Bethe Correia were getting title shots is strong evidence that WMMA 135 lacked depth.

How many UFC fighters would continue to fight if they didn't need the money.

This is something to seriously consider.

Does she really need to fight again? What is she fighting for? She's had the belt, the money, the fame. What is there left to conquer? Does she really care about "legacy" or "redemption", after another loss?

I truly, really, honestly can't understand how is that ANYONE ever who decides to enter a gym or a ring is unable to deal with defeat.
I think it depends on how you lose. Being KO´d and totally domintated/humiliated in front of 20-30K people + millions of TV viewers would for sure fuck anyone up for a while.

Add being a sore loser and deep down a very insecure/labile person would spell disaster IMO.

Don´t you love the bro psychology?

She is one of the worst people in the sport.

Look to the other women as good examples but not her.

A sulking bully through and through.
This. She is so unlikable and hard to root for for many reasons. First and foremost, he takes herself WAY WAY too seriously. You can train hard and be a champion without having that super intense, life or death attitude towards pretty much everything in life. She seems the type that would sulk for hours if someone ate the piece of food she was eyeing up before she got a chance too. She just needs to lighten up and laugh a little. Shit, she gets paid millions for each fight. Why be so ornery and cantankerous? It's hard to root for good things to happen to someone who has everything yet has about the worst attitude possible.

She's a bully that doesn't know how to lose with a terrible personality. At almost 30 years old, people don't change.

In my view she might not be a great person, I don't know her personally but as I woman I think the level of vitriol is notches higher than if she was a man.

We don't mind a bastard. Even Bones is not reviled like Ronda is. A woman who is not popular really gets an extra dose of hatred. Just saying... It's all a bit biblical at times.

She didnt reacted well to the first defeat, more like reacted very very poorly, thad bad that in the return fight she didnt do any media and got beat up badly....for a 2nd time, its not like any champ hasnt lost twice in a row and never made a comeback, at least a half decent comeback, none has returned to their own self, difference is, all of them went out more gracefully, and while in defeat, they didnt got outclassed (exposed) that badly in one aspect of MMA.

She will never return more likely, has plenty money, her chances of returning at the top are basically none, a return and a couple of mid tier wins? Maybe, but needs to take another year off at least and switch camps to a much more proven striking gym/coach.

Back