Reyes seems...

DaisyDuke

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
In all his interview, and in the presser, he seems awkward. Maybe nervous, scared, overwhelmed? Just off.

Of course he is nervous and scared. This is a gargantuan leap in his career and the most important moment of his entire life, going against the most decorated fighter in the world right now.

Of course he is nervous and scared. This is a gargantuan leap in his career and the most important moment of his entire life, going against the most decorated fighter in the world right now.
I hear you. Guys are just typically better at hiding it. He really comes off as a deer caught in headlights. On a separate note, he seems like a super nice guy.

Dont forget he has a degree in information science, he probably is awkward. A geek that can kick most peoples arse.

In all his interview, and in the presser, he seems awkward. Maybe nervous, scared, overwhelmed? Just off.

He's self conscious about his breath now. Trying not to open his mouth too wide or breathe too hard and close to his interviewer.

He got no personality,that happens when you dedicate all your life for something,he is going to shock the world

He has the charisma of the rock.

Not Dwyane Johnson, an actual rock.

Dont forget he has a degree in information science, he probably is awkward. A geek that can kick most peoples arse.
This. He's not your typical meathead.

Yes fighting the GOAT who's beaten pretty much all the legends in his weight class at their strengths would invoke nerves in anyone. While being undefeated is nice and all Reyes wasn't really ready for this fight. Volkan and Weidman are the best guys he's fought. Barely beat Volkan and his only finish over a highly regarded fighter Weidman was at LHW because he couldn't beat the top 185'ers and the UFC needed a recognizable face. Has not fought an elite LHW yet and has never been in anything close to this moment.

After the Volkan fight seem to recall him saying he wasn't ready to fight Jon Jones anytime soon(think Dana agreed). KO'ing Weidman doesn't change that, what changed is everyone ahead on the line except him and Corey got upset. I think Jones and co looked at the Reyes and Corey Anderson tapes saw they'd get more credit for beating the less experienced fighter(while also taking out a future contender early, he's going to have to do a lot to get a rematch) and made the smart decision. Reyes being undefeated is the best angle they've had to promote a fight since Gus and DC but if a fighter is undefeated it's usually cause they've been very superior to their competition.

We saw this with Volkan(who was unbeaten in the UFC not unbeaten unbeaten) who jumped from fighting borderline top 10 guys like OSP and Manuwa to DC in his fourth UFC fight. Jon Jones himself only got the title shot after 7 UFC fights cause the top 2 contenders couldn't do it. 6 UFC fights ain't enough. Interesting I didn't think Gus was ready for a shot in 2013 after 8(his best win was a decision over Shogun) and while he did better than anyone else who knows if Gus couldn't have done better if he'd waited a bit(seemed like he was at his best when fighting DC tbh)?

I think he's just an awkward dude and not entirely comfortable doing live interviews. I could be wrong, but I don't get the impression he's overly nervous or anything. A guy like McGregor lights up when you stick a mic and a camera in his face. Not everybody is like that. Some people like to do their talking in the cage.

I would cringe hard doing all these interviews.

He like Ross from friends if Ross wasn't a bitch.

It took me a long time to figure it out but it hit me with his interview with megan.

I remember my first human behavioural observation too OP.

Apparently every human behaves differently.

risking a perfect record has to be nerve racking...and Jones isn't like anyone he's faced.

I think he's just an awkward dude and not entirely comfortable doing live interviews. I could be wrong, but I don't get the impression he's overly nervous or anything. A guy like McGregor lights up when you stick a mic and a camera in his face. Not everybody is like that. Some people like to do their talking in the cage.

I prefer these guys. I don’t like the talkers that can’t back it up.

Back