Reyes, anyone?

my heart is saying Reyes but my mind is saying Reyno

Jones will let Reyes bust all his juice trying to get that highlight KO while all the time pacing him for the championship rounds where he is King.

Welcome to the big show Dominick...
source.gif

Experience, grappling, sound knowledge of how to use leverage, cardio, reach, and supreme fight IQ. That’s what Jon Jones brings and I don’t think Reyes can overcome that package.

He is not on Jones level and never will be

His cardio isn't exactly stellar, but he seems well rounded in everything else that's not striking so far and his striking (to me) is the best or second best in the division arguably.

Just out of curiosity, what makes his striking superior?

Just out of curiosity, what makes his striking superior?
Not sure if one can say it's superior to that of Jones, at least not with Jones' wrestling in mind, but Reyes is definitely the more accurate puncher, he packs more power and he is faster with his strikes as well.
He also has better footwork and upper body + head movement.
Reyes also has a better striking differential (although he hasn't faced the level of opponents of Jones' yet, but then again he's purely a striker and has not the advantage of being a double threat) and a way better knockdown ratio than Jones.
Jones has five in his whole UFC-career, while Reyes has already four and i'm not entirely sure if the last one against St.Preux is counted there.

Karma is already late in Jon's case. I hope this time is the time. Reyes by KO rnd 2.
LOL no such thing as Karma. Jones is the most well rounder fighter on the UFC roster. Jones via Decision.

I'm not saying it will happen, and many people probably don't think it will, but i have a sneaky feeling Reyes will take this one, and i'm wondering if anyone is feeling the same?

Its a combination of factors that led me here ... Jones looks very small, very depleted of muscle, and when they were facing off a few weeks ago, at the press conference, Reyes looked much bigger in the upper body, and he seems to move equally as fast as Jones, and has a decent range. I don't get these sense Reyes is overawed, and believes, with the kind of quiet conviction I've rarely seen, that he'll get the job done. Its usually the case that fighters are much too overt about winning, clearly trying to convince everyone, including themselves, they'll get the job done, but this doesn't appear to be characteristic of Reyes. It's a quiet, understated confidence he exudes, as if he knows something others don't, and its compelling.

I don't know, something about the press conference, the embedded series, and something about Reyes, in particular, leads me to think he'll get it done. Who knows, but interested to hear if others give him a chance?
I am not even watching this fight...look...we all know how this is more likely going to end...I won't waste my money or time on the UFC hype machine trying to convince me that that Reyes actually has a chance...that fixed fight by Conor was enough

Reyes is not that good of a fighter....... he is one dimensional and has shit cardio. Although he does that one dimension extremely well, he is not going to be able to surprise Jones or take him out of his element. It is a mistake for the UFC to give the title shot so early to Reyes, they should have forced Reyes to fight someone like Corey Anderson or Jan to prove himself.

This. Reyes will be gassed by the 2nd round and in a world of pain.

Reyes is the first of the new generation of top tier fighters that Jones will be fighting.

Champions from the former generation typically have serious problems with them. I don't like Jones. However I won't bet against him, even with Reye's amazing strength and skill set.

Having said that, it would not surprise me at all if Jones gets stopped in one of the first two rounds.

Actually I think I will bet on both Reyes and Latifi. Giving them severe underdog status like that is dumb.

Something needs to happen at LHW because it's getting stale. I hope we see an upset.

Been waiting for the last few fights for one of these guys to come out aggressive and fast. I think due to his shallow experience, he may be the one. If someone beats Jones it's gonna be early KO. fingers crossed, but not putting any money on it.

I think his abilitiy to kick(specifically low), and throw power strikes from up the middle/down the middle, his lateral movement, & cardio give him a real shot to win.

How many times can he get back up, & how many times can he get off the fence?

I actually think he would benefit from getting taken down multiple times early if he can get back up because Jones hasn't shown great cardio or a high pace under USADA.

If he gets mounted or has his back taken he is probably screwed.

I'm not saying it will happen, and many people probably don't think it will, but i have a sneaky feeling Reyes will take this one, and i'm wondering if anyone is feeling the same?

Its a combination of factors that led me here ... Jones looks very small, very depleted of muscle, and when they were facing off a few weeks ago, at the press conference, Reyes looked much bigger in the upper body, and he seems to move equally as fast as Jones, and has a decent range. I don't get these sense Reyes is overawed, and believes, with the kind of quiet conviction I've rarely seen, that he'll get the job done. Its usually the case that fighters are much too overt about winning, clearly trying to convince everyone, including themselves, they'll get the job done, but this doesn't appear to be characteristic of Reyes. It's a quiet, understated confidence he exudes, as if he knows something others don't, and its compelling.

I don't know, something about the press conference, the embedded series, and something about Reyes, in particular, leads me to think he'll get it done. Who knows, but interested to hear if others give him a chance?
Reyes hasn’t been beaten which is why he is supremely confident. Having watched a number of Reyes fights I don’t think his skill level matches that of Jones. In fact Jones is the most complete fighter to ever grace the Octagon. If Jones uses his diverse arsenal then I think he will dismantle Reyes.

he has to bring the fight to jones and not stand in front of him. He has a chance.

I think its going to be Jons toughest test in a while. Reyes has KO power, but so have Jons previous opponents. We need to see where Reyes' wrestling and cardio is at... because against Volkan it looked like garbage.

Back