Reyes, anyone?

GEMMAYUI

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I'm not saying it will happen, and many people probably don't think it will, but i have a sneaky feeling Reyes will take this one, and i'm wondering if anyone is feeling the same?

Its a combination of factors that led me here ... Jones looks very small, very depleted of muscle, and when they were facing off a few weeks ago, at the press conference, Reyes looked much bigger in the upper body, and he seems to move equally as fast as Jones, and has a decent range. I don't get these sense Reyes is overawed, and believes, with the kind of quiet conviction I've rarely seen, that he'll get the job done. Its usually the case that fighters are much too overt about winning, clearly trying to convince everyone, including themselves, they'll get the job done, but this doesn't appear to be characteristic of Reyes. It's a quiet, understated confidence he exudes, as if he knows something others don't, and its compelling.

I don't know, something about the press conference, the embedded series, and something about Reyes, in particular, leads me to think he'll get it done. Who knows, but interested to hear if others give him a chance?

Karma is already late in Jon's case. I hope this time is the time. Reyes by KO rnd 2.

Jones going to get stankied ala Mezger or Evans.

Hoping he also drops his bowels in the process.

I’ve got reyes in the 1st by bone shattering roundhouse tko to Jones chicken legs

Praying for Reyes.
Betting on Jones.

since usada and getting popped twice, jones' performances have been less than stellar. he did school gus the second time though. for me, jones is potentially significantly worse compared to fully roided jones. peds matter. im just not sure he's clean though.

I'm not saying it will happen, and many people probably don't think it will, but i have a sneaky feeling Reyes will take this one, and i'm wondering if anyone is feeling the same?

Its a combination of factors that led me here ... Jones looks very small, very depleted of muscle, and when they were facing off a few weeks ago, at the press conference, Reyes looked much bigger in the upper body, and he seems to move equally as fast as Jones, and has a decent range. I don't get these sense Reyes is overawed, and believes, with the kind of quiet conviction I've rarely seen, that he'll get the job done. Its usually the case that fighters are much too overt about winning, clearly trying to convince everyone, including themselves, they'll get the job done, but this doesn't appear to be characteristic of Reyes. It's a quiet, understated confidence he exudes, as if he knows something others don't, and its compelling.

I don't know, something about the press conference, the embedded series, and something about Reyes, in particular, leads me to think he'll get it done. Who knows, but interested to hear if others give him a chance?

I know exactly what you mean about genuine belief versus phony, inflated confidence and self-hype. Volk had it too.

However, it’s Jon Jones, and we’ve seen this movie before. Some day someone is going to rewrite the script, and it could be Reyes of course. But I’m never going to favor anyone to beat Bones until I’ve seen it happen.

since usada and getting popped twice, jones' performances have been less than stellar. he did school gus the second time though. for me, jones is potentially significantly worse compared to fully roided jones. peds matter. im just not sure he's clean though.
You forget about the Smith fight? Jones murdered the dude, and Smith's LHW resume is waaaay better than Reyes's.

It will be a hard fight for both. I just wish Dom was more seasoned.

Reyes is not that good of a fighter....... he is one dimensional and has shit cardio. Although he does that one dimension extremely well, he is not going to be able to surprise Jones or take him out of his element. It is a mistake for the UFC to give the title shot so early to Reyes, they should have forced Reyes to fight someone like Corey Anderson or Jan to prove himself.

You forget about the Smith fight? Jones murdered the dude, and Smith's LHW resume is waaaay better than Reyes's.
To be fair, Reyes only has had 6 fights in the UFC so far, so he's potentially a way better fighter than Smith, we just don't really know yet.
I for one think though that (regardless of how he does against Jones) that he's an exciting fighter who can become a force to be reckoned with in the coming years.

To be fair, Reyes only has had 6 fights in the UFC so far, so he's potentially a way better fighter than Smith, we just don't really know yet.
I for one think though that (regardless of how he does against Jones) that he's an exciting fighter who can become a force to be reckoned with in the coming years.
I feel pretty confident in saying that Reyes is a way better fighter than Smith.

As much as I’d like to see Reyes win, unfortunately I believe Jones will prevail.

I feel pretty confident in saying that Reyes is a way better fighter than Smith.
Quite possible, he seems to be better so far as well to me. I just don't know really how many of Smith's losses were coming when he was at middleweight. As far as i know, he did better at light heavyweight.
Technically, i have yet to see an exploitable weakness from Reyes though. His cardio isn't exactly stellar, but he seems well rounded in everything else that's not striking so far and his striking (to me) is the best or second best in the division arguably.
I just wish we'd see a clone of Jones' who's not as much of a wrestler, haha.
Wrestling influences the stand up, i just wonder: how much?

Looking at the press conference the nerves seem to be getting to Reyes already.

The problem is Reyes' biggest strength is his knock-out ability and Jones has the best chin/striking defense in the history of the sport (basing that claim on results)

Back