Reyes, anyone?

I'm not saying it will happen, and many people probably don't think it will, but i have a sneaky feeling Reyes will take this one, and i'm wondering if anyone is feeling the same?

Its a combination of factors that led me here ... Jones looks very small, very depleted of muscle, and when they were facing off a few weeks ago, at the press conference, Reyes looked much bigger in the upper body, and he seems to move equally as fast as Jones, and has a decent range. I don't get these sense Reyes is overawed, and believes, with the kind of quiet conviction I've rarely seen, that he'll get the job done. Its usually the case that fighters are much too overt about winning, clearly trying to convince everyone, including themselves, they'll get the job done, but this doesn't appear to be characteristic of Reyes. It's a quiet, understated confidence he exudes, as if he knows something others don't, and its compelling.

I don't know, something about the press conference, the embedded series, and something about Reyes, in particular, leads me to think he'll get it done. Who knows, but interested to hear if others give him a chance?
I think this fight is very very interesting. I do think there is some uncertainty in Jones about this. He likes to know that his opponent is half-defeated *before* the fight and I don't think he has that feeling this time.

Also.... just watched Embedded Ep.4 ....
(here, below, timstamped to the start of the Jones photo-shoot segment) :

I do think Jones looks visibly smaller, less defined, softer, than usual. I think his upper body has atrophied slightly, and it is noticeable.

Anyway, Jones might just go in there and WRECK Reyes, but I definitely give Reyes a good shot of doing something dramatic in the 1st or 2nd round.

Last edited:
Reyes is not that good of a fighter....... he is one dimensional and has shit cardio. Although he does that one dimension extremely well, he is not going to be able to surprise Jones or take him out of his element. It is a mistake for the UFC to give the title shot so early to Reyes, they should have forced Reyes to fight someone like Corey Anderson or Jan to prove himself.
Jones is also afraid of gassing out so I think that aspect will be a non-factor

Jones will let Reyes bust all his juice trying to get that highlight KO while all the time pacing him for the championship rounds where he is King.

Welcome to the big show Dominick...
source.gif
I think you're going to see a lot of HARD kicks to the lower legs of Jones early. I don't know if those gas you out quick or not

Nope. Jones should just take it to the ground and demolish Reyes.

For some reason Reyes annoys the shit out of me. I’d love for him to win but I don’t see it happening.

I've been favoring Reyes for months. Jones seems to have 2 strong areas: Kicking range and the clinch. But he's not equally strong in both. He's a MONSTER in the clinch, and guys like DC will probably never beat him because they dive head first into Jones' clinch. Trying to box with Jones is also deadly because you're still actively getting too close to his clinch.

But, what if there was someone who could compete with Jones at kicking range, where Jones is good, but not an absolute monster? Santos did this, which forced Jones to have to be the one to close the distance. Usually it's the opponent who's closing the distance on Jones. And when Jon tried to close the distance, Santos fired back with shots.

If Reyes maintains kicking range, he can win this. If he gets too close, he's probably gonna lose.

Also, I have a suspicion that Jones is post prime. So even if Reyes gets in the clinch, he might not get ragdolled.

Gives him harder time than santos did, gets finished.

Back