Rewatched HEAT

also they could have just shot waingro and left his body in the paramedic van they torched.

Waingro's body would have been a free clue that brought possible connections to them.

Elliott Goldenthal who did a lot of the score for Heat, had this original piece which was supposed to be for the ending, until Michael Mann heard that Moby song and switched it.

The diner part might be the only scene that felt off in that flick, I agree.

I love the diner scene! Anybody want some pie... the head bounce... Tom Sizemore staring down the concerned citizen, lol.

lol qft

This movie brings sherdog together. It's the only movie everyone agrees on.

I should probably sticky this thread

On second thought, I will be filing paperwork with those in charge here to make an entire Heat subforum

Last edited:
all this talk,no gun fight.

here you all go.

all this talk,no gun fight.

here you all go.

It's like we're talking about a band, and you want to bring up the #1 greatest hits.

The cool kids want to talk about the deep cuts & the B-sides, like the symbolism of the light illuminating the perfect life Neil was about to live, but he couldn't take his eye off the one dirty Wangro stain in the corner

tumblr_n3sfffdRxX1rm3u4ao1_400.gif

Elliott Goldenthal who did a lot of the score for Heat, had this original piece which was supposed to be for the ending, until Michael Mann heard that Moby song and switched it.

Both are amazing

DeNiro and Pacino are both great in their roles. But someone that never gets the respect for his great performance is Dennis Haysbert. He's absolutely stellar as the former con who's trying to go straight and puts up with a lot of crap until he just take anymore and jumps at the chance to get back in the game, but he ends up giving his life for it.

It's one of the best movies ever. I don't mean "Top 100" great, but top 5 great. If it's not in your top 10, you're a piece of shit.

The movie is perfect, and it's perfect for 3 hours.

There's some flaws though.

The first heist, the crew robs the armored car in the middle of the day. But no one is out on the street? No other cars, or civilians walking around?

Some horrible overacting by Pacino but otherwise a great film.

There's some flaws though.

The first heist, the crew robs the armored car in the middle of the day. But no one is out on the street? No other cars, or civilians walking around?
I could argue that Neil was so wise and detail-oriented, that he picked a quiet spot. Also, there was a witness to the robbery. A homeless man was standing nearby and heard "Slick."

You can find flaws in every film. If this is about my use of the word "perfect," I suppose you got me.

Nitpicking aside, do you consider the movie to be great?

I could argue that Neil was so wise and detail-oriented, that he picked a quiet spot. Also, there was a witness to the robbery. A homeless man was standing nearby and heard "Slick."

You can find flaws in every film. If this is about my use of the word "perfect," I suppose you got me.

Nitpicking aside, do you consider the movie to be great?

Its a great movie no doubt. I saw it in the theater when it came out back in the day.

Pacino over acts in some parts. But he does a good job.

GIVE ME ALL YOU GOT!!!!! GIVE ME ALL YOU GOT!!!!!!!!!

Cringe worthy

Its a great movie no doubt. I saw it in the theater when it came out back in the day.

Cringe worthy

Worst moment of the movie. Completely out of nowhere and unmotivated, and unthreatening.

"Don't waste my muthafuckin time!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited:

Cringe worthy
Lol no doubt. I was just gonna post that in response to Seano, but I chose another line. Not even poorly written, but certainly overacted.

It's part of the Heat experience for me now. I act out Pacino's lines in my Pacino voice.

This used to be my sherdog AV in a past lifetime:

gallery-1458218175-movies-heat-1995-still-01.jpg

Back