Rewatched HEAT

Nobody talked about the part where Neils crew anticipates the ambush and blasts the fuck out of that white ford?! Particularly the instance Micheal emerges from the corner and starts pumping shotgun shells into that douchebag!

My only gripe was the plothole that allowed a heist crew that tight and proficient to work with an outsider/ jackball like waingro.His comic book cartoon way of escaping when they were going to throw him in the trunk didnt help either lol. Outside of that one of my favorite movies

Internet-High-Five-high-five-30662642-480-444.jpg

He gets killed because he couldn't walk away from Waingro. He should've walked away from his desire to get vengeance. But yeah, neat little tidbit. I'm sure it was no accident.

Neil should have skipped Waingro for sure, it was an insane thing to do, but he almost actually got away with it, by the skin of his nuts. It literally came down to a footchase with one guy. If he hadn't hesitated so long, he might have gotten out of there.

It's one of the best movies ever. I don't mean "Top 100" great, but top 5 great. If it's not in your top 10, you're a piece of shit.

The movie is perfect, and it's perfect for 3 hours.

Neil going out of his way to irrationally kill Waingro is a result of his years of hard time in prison. It's a culture where you simply do not cross someone. Even if it is something petty. If someone steals your toothpaste, or cuts you in line, you have to fuck them up badly. Neil got out of prison, but the prison didn't get out of him. He just couldn't let it go.

...but he got it right.
How does he know this? Was there a manifesto? I thought the dudes died by gunfire. I recall seeing one shoot himself, which I couldn't believe made it onto television.

How does he know this? Was there a manifesto? I thought the dudes died by gunfire. I recall seeing one shoot himself, which I couldn't believe made it onto television.

I don't know the evidence connecting the North Hollywood shootout to Heat, though I have always heard that; I'm just making the point that Broken arrow correctly stated the chronology. The film happened, then the shootout a few years later.

Nobody talked about the part where Neils crew anticipates the ambush and blasts the fuck out of that white ford?! Particularly the instance Micheal emerges from the corner and starts pumping shotgun shells into that douchebag!

I remember when laserdiscs first came out, my friend had a player, and I was there when he got Heat in the mail. We put it in & went straight to that scene first, lol. It was godly

Everybody keeps correcting Broken arrow here...

...but he got it right.

Learn to read muddafukkas

I always wondered if the armored man scene from Lethal Weapon 4 wasn't inspired by the North Hollywood shootout. The real-life incident happened in February 1997, and LW4 came out 16 months later.

I always wondered if the armored man scene from Lethal Weapon 4 wasn't inspired by the North Hollywood shootout. The real-life incident happened in February 1997, and LW4 came out 16 months later.

Good call, I remember that too at the time. It was weird, and this was even before mass shootings replaced rescued-cat-in-tree stories in the weekly media.

Kinda reminds me of a Fight Club story... (spoilers for Fight Club):

I remember director David Fincher saying he's lucky they made that movie in 1999, because 2 years later, there is no way any major studio would have allowed an ending where the 'good guy' plants bombs in a major cities' skyscrapers and we see them blow up & collapse to the ground. *hmm... awkward*

Hmm, i'd like to time that myself, because I've always seen the "don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat" as his tragic flaw, and not a credible mantra.

Yeah check it out, it's pretty neat and obviously on purpose, considering how nutty Michael Mann is about details.

Good call, I remember that too at the time. It was weird, and this was even before mass shootings replaced rescued-cat-in-tree stories in the weekly media.

Kinda reminds me of a Fight Club story... (spoilers for Fight Club):

I remember director David Fincher saying he's lucky they made that movie in 1999, because 2 years later, there is no way any major studio would have allowed an ending where the 'good guy' plants bombs in a major cities' skyscrapers and we see them blow up & collapse to the ground. *hmm... awkward*

The Columbine massacre happened in April 1999. I think that was the turning point at which mass shootings suddenly started happening with more frequency. And of course Sept 11, 2001 attacks as you pointed out. Really changed the face of our world forever.

also they could have just shot waingro and left his body in the paramedic van they torched.

That scene felt out of place. Banging the dude's head in public and trying to kill him outside.

Besides that, awesome movie.

I like that Neil's girlfriend wasn't the cause of his demise but to the loyalty to his crew.

The diner part might be the only scene that felt off in that flick, I agree.

It's one of the best movies ever. I don't mean "Top 100" great, but top 5 great. If it's not in your top 10, you're a piece of shit.

The movie is perfect, and it's perfect for 3 hours.
lol qft

This movie brings sherdog together. It's the only movie everyone agrees on.

Yeah Ted Levine is great. Speaking of criminally underrated, Levine also has a funny side role in the seen-by-almost-no-one hidden classic, Bullet. An HBO original film starring Mickey Rourke, Tupac, and Adrien Brody.
that movie was amazing..

Back