• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

retailers worry over food stamp cut

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
You know that storybook ending where you die surrounded by family? Yeah, that probably won't happen for you........

Just remember guys being responsible and financially succesful means you won’t have a healthy family life. - ‘ @Prime Rib, Sherdog’s Poor Poster’

Darn now you can't profit as much off my taxes. I think the excess dough they made off of people being able to buy whatever the fuck they wanted for so long will balance everything out for these poor poor retailers.

The question is not should we but how it is run.

I agree. But people don't spend a lot of time on "how it is run", they spend the time on why people shouldn't have it and how to minimize it's use, regardless of need.

I always have an issue with stricter work requirements because the people imposing the stricter requirements don't have the ability to guarantee access to work. They don't control the market place. And the areas most likely to need those programs - rural areas and inner cities are already impoverished because employers don't want to go there. So it's a tone deaf approach.

Gov: "You need a job to qualify for benefits."
Person: "Great, I want a job. Where can I get one?"
Gov: "Just look for one."
Person: "I am but I only have a high school education."
Gov: "Well, you shouldn't have had kids then."
Person: "Uhm...how does that help me get a job?"
Gov: "It doesn't but that's your fault."
Person: "Ok, sure. But I still need a job and my government provided education is inadequate for any work that gets me off welfare."
Gov: "Move."
Person: "Ok, sure. But the type of work that I qualify for isn't going to pay for moving expenses."

I could go on but my point is that the issues of low income in this country that lead to low income and use of social service programs are intrinsic to how our economy has evolved. And how the programs are run doesn't work if those elements aren't acknowledged in an honest manner.

It's like when they tell some single mom to go get a job. Well, to go to an interview, she needs someone to watch her kid, transportation fare, etc. That costs money. She needs a job to get the money. So, it's a Catch-22 for her. There are too many issues like that running around.

As more and more automation takes jobs, this is going to be an amazing idea. MAGA.

Instead of preparing for the future we are going the opposite direction. There will be fewer jobs, and other job markets will get flooded and the result will be less pay for everyone. The income gape between the rich and everyone else will keep increasing. The poor won't be able to do shit. The richest country on earth and we give zero fucks about the poor.
Have you seen any of the news over the past year about the jobs being kept in this country or moved to this country due to Trumps decisions? Guess not

This is the stupid shit killing our country right here. You basically just said, you would rather, the government begin a huge jobs program, that you admit probably wont save money (hint: it will COST MORE MONEY) solely based off the idea that you *THINK* poor people arent working, and that giving them a government job picking up trash off the highway is giving them some kind of skill.

This is a career in north Korea

That's how worthless some of us think our fellow citizens are

Have you seen any of the news over the past year about the jobs being kept in this country or moved to this country due to Trumps decisions? Guess not

"Look how great the economy is right now, it's always going to be like this."

That's what I got from your post. So we should make no effort to deal with what may come. Retail jobs keep being lost. You also apparently don't think we will ever lose jobs to automation and A.I. You seem like a short sighted clown.

If we don't send them freeze dried milk and eggs they'll just buy lobster.

We can't let poor people eat lobster. What's the point of life then?
They have literally bought steak and lobster with it before. We’ve seen the receipts. 300 bucks for like three days of food. Now they’ll only have to cover the gap on those pesky last 27 days

They have literally bought steak and lobster with it before. We’ve seen the receipts. 300 bucks for like three days of food. Now they’ll only have to cover the gap on those pesky last 27 days

I literally don't give a shit about other people making bad financial decisions.

You know you're dealing with a shady document when a sizable percentage of the guys signing on to the phrase "all men are created equal" were slave holders. (Yeah, I know it's from the DOI not the Constitution, alt right nerds. Save your nerd rage.)
Different culture... hard to judge...

If you're not truly disabled and you're making less than $80k-90k in the United States in 2018 then you're a fucking moron and society will be better off without you fed.
Cops, firefighters, soldiers, teachers... glad to hear society no longer needs any of them.

Not to mention farmers, crop pickers, grocers, basically everyone connected with food production... food, who needs that?

I'll be honest, i used to think like that too. Then i became an NCO and had to deal with troops under my watch that were on SNAP and WIC. Learned a lot. Learned things like the majority of motherfuckers living on the dole are poor as fuck and work their ass off way harder than the people sneering down on them.
Wait, you mean you met real people and your stereotypes were challenged? If only more people could consider this "revolutionary" concept...

images

Last edited:
The large portion of people abusing the system can go fuck themselves.

I literally don't give a shit about other people making bad financial decisions.
I do if it’s with food stamps. I’m funding it. Which still wouldn’t bother me much if that didn’t mean the kid goes hungry AND I’m paying for food already.

I agree. But people don't spend a lot of time on "how it is run", they spend the time on why people shouldn't have it and how to minimize it's use, regardless of need.

I always have an issue with stricter work requirements because the people imposing the stricter requirements don't have the ability to guarantee access to work. They don't control the market place. And the areas most likely to need those programs - rural areas and inner cities are already impoverished because employers don't want to go there. So it's a tone deaf approach.

Gov: "You need a job to qualify for benefits."
Person: "Great, I want a job. Where can I get one?"
Gov: "Just look for one."
Person: "I am but I only have a high school education."
Gov: "Well, you shouldn't have had kids then."
Person: "Uhm...how does that help me get a job?"
Gov: "It doesn't but that's your fault."
Person: "Ok, sure. But I still need a job and my government provided education is inadequate for any work that gets me off welfare."
Gov: "Move."
Person: "Ok, sure. But the type of work that I qualify for isn't going to pay for moving expenses."

I could go on but my point is that the issues of low income in this country that lead to low income and use of social service programs are intrinsic to how our economy has evolved. And how the programs are run doesn't work if those elements aren't acknowledged in an honest manner.

It's like when they tell some single mom to go get a job. Well, to go to an interview, she needs someone to watch her kid, transportation fare, etc. That costs money. She needs a job to get the money. So, it's a Catch-22 for her. There are too many issues like that running around.

McDonald’s?

Any other fast food establishment?

Walmart?

Any other supermarket?

Janitors?

Landscaping/mowing/plowing?

They can find a job.

I do if it’s with food stamps. I’m funding it. Which still wouldn’t bother me much if that didn’t mean the kid goes hungry AND I’m paying for food already.

Everyone funds foodstamps including the people that use them.

What's your salary?

You probably contribute nothing to the tax pool too.

What's your salary?

My salary is your mom since your going straight to insults.

Everyone funds food stamps so everyone should care when a kid goes hungry while heir parents are getting money from them to feed the child.

What's your salary?

It's internet bro we all make $250k a year.

My salary is your mom since your going straight to insults.

Everyone finds food stamps so everyone should care when a kid goes hungry while heir parents are getting money from them to feed the child.

You're*

I wouldn't have to insult you if you didn't make it so easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back