• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

retailers worry over food stamp cut

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Assuming we cull the herd and only the people capable of earning at least 80-90k survive, who will do the jobs that pay less than that? Will those jobs no longer be needed? How will the saturation of skilled workers affect wages?

Raise minimum wage to $38.50 an hour is the obvious answer to his problem.

I would like to see a jobs program where instead of just getting money and support people work for state or federal projects as a way of earning the money and support .

Even if it doesn't really save any money at least we are getting something and people are learning work habits.

Even some disabled can do some work.

Or if they are going to some trade school I can see that.

As to the stores they will have to adjust to changes.

You are a mean old bastard. This shit is fucking with kids you idiot. Want to put them to work so they can get a PB+J?

Yea the fraud aspect sucks, but I rather have a bit of fraud than not giving worthy families a good helping hand. I might be for restrictions on junk food. The lobster and steak thing gets blown a little bit out of proportion.

I'm for giving a helping hand as well. Food and shelter... if you are dependent on others for your food, you dont get to choose what you want.
Poor people should be able to buy steak and energy drinks. They should do it with their own money

I'm for giving a helping hand as well. Food and shelter... if you are dependent on others for your food, you dont get to choose what you want.
Poor people should be able to buy steak and energy drinks. They should do it with their own money

Lean beef steak can be a great part of a healthy diet, energy drinks fall into junk food. Anything that can be part of a healthy diet should be on the list of foods they can buy.

I would like to see a jobs program where instead of just getting money and support people work for state or federal projects as a way of earning the money and support .

Even if it doesn't really save any money at least we are getting something and people are learning work habits.

This is the stupid shit killing our country right here. You basically just said, you would rather, the government begin a huge jobs program, that you admit probably wont save money (hint: it will COST MORE MONEY) solely based off the idea that you *THINK* poor people arent working, and that giving them a government job picking up trash off the highway is giving them some kind of skill.

I'll be honest, i used to think like that too. Then i became an NCO and had to deal with troops under my watch that were on SNAP and WIC. Learned a lot. Learned things like the majority of motherfuckers living on the dole are poor as fuck and work their ass off way harder than the people sneering down on them. Im not talking about some poor E-3 whose wife popped out twins. Spend enough time in the system and you learn how this game works.

The REAL problem is that automation has removed shit loads of jobs from the market. You have a huge population base, highly limited jobs that provide livable wages, and the available low skill set jobs, are not only fewer, but earn their keep via 'efficiency protocols'. (that means they hire 2 guys to do the job of 5, pay those 2 guys juuuuuust enough to make the job desirable, and bank the extra money they saved). You REALLY want to help SNAP recipients? FUND THE FUCK OUT OF PLANNED PARENTHOOD. make contraceptives free and widely available, and after you do that, reduce the cost of decent child care.

But we cant do that. Because the only thing republicans love more than passing legislature that doesnt help people, like cutting benefits to help corporate pay masters, is actively sabotaging things to MAKE THE PROBLEM WORSE like making it impossible for low income individuals to better manage their family planning.

A sizable and increasing percentage of SNAP households are working poor.

https://www.cbpp.org/research/policy-basics-the-supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program-snap

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/food-stamp-recipients-working-poor_us_58cac50fe4b00705db4d1364

I do have a chimney that needs cleaning...

Got it!
edf9131cd0e8582c54a3bb8c3bf883d3.jpg

Lean beef steak can be a great part of a healthy diet, energy drinks fall into junk food. Anything that can be part of a healthy diet should be on the list of foods they can buy.

Filet mignon and lobster is healthy as well, but it's quite expensive and not necessary. I dont want to take these foods away from food stamp users. I want them to pay for them with their own money if it's worth it to them.

As usual the same suspects are in here talking out of their ass, while the overwhelming amount of data says the exact opposite of their emotionally-charged statements. The sad truth is that a number of Americans, typically conservatives, always feel the need to have a class below them.

Filet mignon and lobster is healthy as well, but it's quite expensive and not necessary. I dont want to take these foods away from food stamp users. I want them to pay for them with their own money if it's worth it to them.

I might be able to meet you on restrictions on a few of the higher end meat products, but most would stay. I'd like to see less fat in hamburger. We should be pushing for a healthier diet across the board.

Seeing sooty little tykes like this on street corners again is the dream of Trumpublicans.

I've actually read a book about the lives of child chimney sweeps in 20th century Britain. It featured testimonies directly from the time period. It was horrific beyond imagination. I literally had to stop reading the chapter.

As usual the same suspects are in here talking out of their ass, while the overwhelming amount of data says the exact opposite of their emotionally-charged statements. The sad truth is that a number of Americans, typically conservatives, always feel the need to have a class below them.

I chalk it up to being miserable with ones own life, so "fuck that guy too".

Yeah, fuck the Constitution. #MAGA

You know you're dealing with a shady document when a sizable percentage of the guys signing on to the phrase "all men are created equal" were slave holders. (Yeah, I know it's from the DOI not the Constitution, alt right nerds. Save your nerd rage.)

I could lose my job today and wouldn’t need to work a day in my life. I was responsible and saved and invested wisely. I’m not sorry that you guys didn't.

<{1-15}>

You know that storybook ending where you die surrounded by family? Yeah, that probably won't happen for you........

I could lose my job today and wouldn’t need to work a day in my life. I was responsible and saved and invested wisely. I’m not sorry that you guys didn't.

<{1-15}>

Yeah OK guy. The shtick of everyone on Sherdog being rich and awesome is so ludicrous and transparent.

The sad truth is that a number of Americans, typically conservatives, always feel the need to have a class below them.

Agree. And in my opinion it's compounded immensely by the same exact people pledging blind, worshipful allegiance to the very richest.

Human nature would indicate the average person might struggle with feelings of resentment towards those with more, not those with less. But a majority of conservatives operate on the opposite principle.

Back